Are C&RT going to pay for my licence now?

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

I have just received a letter from British Waterways, advising me that their undertakings are to be transferred to C&RT on 2nd July.

It informs me: You will need to amend the name of the payer on your Standing Order instruction to "Canal & River Trust".

I'll be happy to do as they suggest. I wonder if I can leave the payee's name as "British Waterways" ?

• Greenie 1

I have just received a letter from British Waterways, advising me that their undertakings are to be transferred to C&RT on 2nd July.

It informs me: You will need to amend the name of the payer on your Standing Order instruction to "Canal & River Trust".

I'll be happy to do as they suggest. I wonder if I can leave the payee's name as "British Waterways" ?

I don't suppose much will change - I still have a SO accepted by the payee - even though my account number withy the payee has changed. I supposed with decent accounts software the payees system just translatesa things. Wait and see if your bank returns the payment...

They haven't yet written to me, but I pay by Direct debit.

I'm wondering if a new organisation, can use a direct debit authorisation from an old one. But I'm too lazy to Google it.

Edited by fuzzyduck

They haven't yet written to me, but I pay by Direct debit.

I'm wondering if a new organisation, can use a direct debit authorisation from an old one. But I'm too lazy to Google it.

We pay by DD, apparently we don't have to change anything

Richard

Sod em , ,change it and see what happens, after all it is they that told you to do so, its not your fault they dont know the difference between "PAYEE" and"PAYER" ;) ;)

• Greenie 1

I think this may have gone over everyone's head, Allan! If you change the payer to "Canal & River Trust" and leave the payee as "British Waterways" then their accounts will be paying each other for your licence and cutting you out of the loop. Sounds like a good plan!

• Greenie 1

Just received a letter from BW saying basically the same as above.

It adds, that I will still benefit from the Direct Debit I have and need do nothing. With effect from 2nd July all payments collected will show as CaRT on my statements.

The payment left my account this morning, 2nd July and show on my statement as BW collecting.

Makes no odds to me, I struggle to meet this cost anyway, no matter who has it.

Martyn

Sod em , ,change it and see what happens, after all it is they that told you to do so, its not your fault they dont know the difference between "PAYEE" and"PAYER" ;) ;)

I think this may have gone over everyone's head, Allan! If you change the payer to "Canal & River Trust" and leave the payee as "British Waterways" then their accounts will be paying each other for your licence and cutting you out of the loop. Sounds like a good plan!

I got it, but didn't think up a witty reply so didn't (reply). Its an amusing admin error, but nothing more. I hope they correct it and the person who got 'payer' and 'payee' muddled up has the mickey ripped out of them a bit at work, but then gets back to their job etc.

I got it, but didn't think up a witty reply so didn't (reply). Its an amusing admin error, but nothing more. I hope they correct it and the person who got 'payer' and 'payee' muddled up has the mickey ripped out of them a bit at work, but then gets back to their job etc.

This type of error seems to be rife in the BW empire. Practically every stoppage notice by email is either grammatically Incorrect, mis-spelt or just badly phrased.

They must only employ the younger generation wot didna get tort how to speke or right english proper like watt eye wozed.

This type of error seems to be rife in the BW empire. Practically every stoppage notice by email is either grammatically Incorrect, mis-spelt or just badly phrased.

They must only employ the younger generation wot didna get tort how to speke or right english proper like watt eye wozed.

Yes but its not just the BW empire where its rife. At least 4 posters on here didn't understand the significance of it!!!

Let's be fair. It isn't just the younger generation that struggles with literacy skills in the UK.

• Greenie 1

Perhaps in the new world order, CRT will be taking on an army of volunteer proof readers, who will do a damn sight more good than volunteer lock keepers.

Perhaps in the new world order, CRT will be taking on an army of volunteer proof readers, who will do a damn sight more good than volunteer lock keepers.

Hmm! I think I might have welcomed a volunteer or two when descending Hatton Locks on Sunday it took almost four hours to get from the top to the Leamington Pound below The Cape.

Just a warning about BW/C&RT with Direct Debit mandates - they do tend to interpret instructions in a way that suits them! As an example we use more than one bank and thought it would be a good idea to pay the licence fee out of the same account that we use for general boating costs - this is not the same account that we used when we set up a direct debit for our annual mooring fee which is significantly more. On checking our bank statements we found that instead of taking the mooring fee out of the account that we had used for this year after year, BW had tried to take it out of our general boating account and as that didn't have sufficient funds to cover both payments, they then charged us an extra £30 for a returned Direct Debit - after many phone calls the result was that they wouldn't budge on the fee because, as they explained, "their customers could only have one bank account"! :wacko:

I am reminded of the days when I had a old vinyl record with a scratch , and the needle got stuck playing the same phrase over and over again. ...............

• Greenie 4

photoblog_chicago_photographer_michaeljarecki_eagle_scout_project_3.jpg

Johnny's mum was incredibly proud that he had achieved his Proof Readers Badge after two hard years study of the BW Moorings Regulations

Edited by matty40s

Indeed, I am rather disappointed at the standard of literacy amongst our members.