12v LED TV, £109?

nb celestine

Featured Posts

Looking in Asda yesterday there was a Luxor Lux 19in LED TV for sale for £109.

I didn't have a long look at it but if it has one of those transformer boxes on it, I thought I could whip it off and have a cheap 12v telly. It comes with freeview and a DVD player but looking at the spec on the Asda website, I couldn't find out the power usage.

Any thoughts on it. Sorry I dont know how to do those linky things. My teenage lad isn't around.

Cheers, Paul.

Looking in Asda yesterday there was a Luxor Lux 19in LED TV for sale for £109.

I didn't have a long look at it but if it has one of those transformer boxes on it, I thought I could whip it off and have a cheap 12v telly. It comes with freeview and a DVD player but looking at the spec on the Asda website, I couldn't find out the power usage.

Any thoughts on it. Sorry I dont know how to do those linky things. My teenage lad isn't around.

Cheers, Paul.

We use one of these on the boat (though we use it on 240V not 12v) and it's been fine up to now, had it a year. decent picture and sound quality.

The only criticism I have of these TV's (and it's common to TV's at this end of the market) is that the remote is very flimsy and 'plasticky' with hard to read writing on the buttons, not a deal breaker though.

You could try this company. I haven't bought from them so I can't comment on quality, but you can't argue with the price!

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/category/12-volt-tv/

I've got one from this lot - its good although as with all small televisions the speakers are small so not HI Fi quality. Regarding the transformer 'brick' on the Asda/Tesco et al types, some of these operate down to 19v so need to exercise care when buying. If it's a 12v then buy an Amperor voltage stabaliser

This is the tv we recently purchased, It was recommended by a member on here I recal.

LED TV LINK

It has a proper 12v transformer with a cigar lighter plug so no need to chop up existing transformer cables.

It apparently has a very low power consumption too so ideal for boats. It has built in freeview & dvd player. My only criticism is the sound quality but as mentioned, small tvs are normally a bit poor. The picture is excellent though.

The acdc tv shop is also on ebay, they sell them slightly cheaper on there.

• Greenie 1

If folks want better sound quality wouldn't a half decent PC amplifier be good enough? Some of them run off 12V.

Nowt wrong with the sound quality of the TV in question.

We use one of these on the boat (though we use it on 240V not 12v) and it's been fine up to now, had it a year. decent picture and sound quality.

The only criticism I have of these TV's (and it's common to TV's at this end of the market) is that the remote is very flimsy and 'plasticky' with hard to read writing on the buttons, not a deal breaker though.

well i suspose with the onset of old age and fading eye sight, even a news paper would be hard to read, with regards to it being flimsy, most people are able to grasp things quite firmly, but i suspose as you are quite old, you are probably loseing the grasp of things quite often. this is in reply to your earlier response to one of my posts, which i found rather insulting. have a nice day :cheers:

well i suspose with the onset of old age and fading eye sight, even a news paper would be hard to read, with regards to it being flimsy, most people are able to grasp things quite firmly, but i suspose as you are quite old, you are probably loseing the grasp of things quite often. this is in reply to your earlier response to one of my posts, which i found rather insulting. have a nice day :cheers:

Aah right - I was thinking in contrast to something like a Sky remote where the labelling is pretty clear...

I'm happy for you to quote the post in question Micky but I'm pretty sure that was some time ago and dealt with at the time...why are resurrecting an old argument?

Well if you really are that pissed off - you could always divorce her....or what am I missing?

just what is this drivel?

just two of your comments that i have quoted, from several of your rather abrupt replys. any way it never took long for you to bite HAHAHAHA. sorry not have the time to enter in to some kind of syber war at the moment, im nipping out for a dalliance now. :cheers:

Well if you really are that pissed off - you could always divorce her....or what am I missing?

Was a statement in response to -

Sorry ? May be it should be congratulations !I wish my wife would divorce me,Oh i would have such a great time, All i can say is your one lucky man, enjoy your freedom while it lasts. :cheers:

You said you wished your wife would divorce you, I merely pointed out you have the option to divorce her - a mere statement of fact.

just what is this drivel?

Was in response to this

Ha Ha i think i quite like you now ! the link was in conection to me seeing how long you could hold your breath under water while being strangled,And i thought you may find the link of some importance! cant beleive you never saw the link ? i am surprissed. :cheers:

Where you were in an argument with another member, the bit in red was the drivel I refereed to because it made no sense what so ever, and it still does not.

I also still don't understand why you have chosen to resurrect something from over a month ago in an attempt to derail this thread, that is other than it has all the characteristics of trolling....and I won't be feeding you anything more.

Edited by MJG

Are you sure Grandad ? Thats not like you.Your normally quite easy to draw in to a confrontation situation, espicalliay when you have had a tipple, as is quite often , or so it would it appear from the content of some of your posts. :cheers:

I read somewhere that the Luxor TVs sold by ASDA are made by LG, the 40" one anyway....

I'm interested in the 22" one with DVD, freeview and media player for £130...

C.

Often people are put off by combination units that include both a TV and DVD because if one goes down you lose both whilst which ever bit has broken gets fixed. They are ideal however on a boat though because of the space saved...

Often people are put off by combination units that include both a TV and DVD because if one goes down you lose both whilst which ever bit has broken gets fixed. They are ideal however on a boat though because of the space saved...

Other possible advantages for an integrated unit are less total cost, savings in power consumption and less wiring/connectors.