Locked. ETA for, I think quite obvious reasons.

Featured Posts

We have no water at all.

The biggest problem in T'North is the residual problems of the industrial revolution . .

All the acid rain still remains in the high altitude peat bogs , and is draining into the canals and rivers

The resulting 'acid water' sits in the canals, and results in extremely high levels of galvanic and acid corrosion of steel hulls.

If you value your boat / bank balance, and don't want to spend the rest of your boating life spot-welding divots in your hull, I'd stay away from Northern waters

Edited by Grace & Favour

The biggest problem in T'North is the residual problems of the industrial revolution . .

All the acid rain still remains in the high altitude peat bogs , and is draining into the canals and rivers

The resulting 'acid water' sits in the canals, and results in extremely high levels of galvanic and acid corrosion of steel hulls.

If you value your boat / bank balance, and don't want to spend the rest of your boating life spot-welding divots in your hull, I'd stay away from Northern waters

:lol::clapping: Bunkum..........

To say nothing of the acid comments any southerners will get from locals...

An interesting thread that completely passed me by while we're suffering dire internet reception - couldn't quite see why it was locked but assume there's stuff that's been culled between then and now.

Not sure why you started this thread though Martin, was there some point you were trying to make?

Not sure why you started this thread though Martin, was there some point you were trying to make?

Not particularly other than it was locked very shortly after I posted some pics showcasing the location in question.....I was just being a bit ironic.. :cheers:

Not particularly other than it was locked very shortly after I posted some pics showcasing the location in question.....I was just being a bit ironic.. :cheers:

Fair enough (would've missed the topic completely otherwise - just wondered if I'd missed something in the mod's editing!) :)

Fair enough (would've missed the topic completely otherwise - just wondered if I'd missed something in the mod's editing!) :)

You did miss stuff in the original thread but it was removed I guess because of the potential problems to the site owner -

I posted something this afternoon which I don't think was controversial but it has been removed for some reason prior to the thread being locked. I wonder if the mod could let me know why?

Howard

I think you called into question the legitimacy of somebodies entitlement to use a certain title, or was your post about the use of the word trust?I can't recall TBH.

Either way it's a mods call and they don't have to justify it I'm afraid...

I cant see what all the fuss was about.

Someone called themselves a captain, his authority to do was was questioned.

Someone called their "business" a trust, his authority to do so was questioned.

Said person then gets arsey and starts threatening legal action for libel.

Typical toys, dummy and bottle out of pram response to not getting the response he wanted. :rolleyes:

• Greenie 2

I think this thread should be locked too - before it attracts too many Southerners to start looking further North to see what all the fuss is about!

All this rain we are having will be topping up the canals very nicely indeed - its just a pity that the water comes from the bombed factories and peat bogs first!

The canals might be full, but you are best staying away really! :rolleyes:

I think this thread should be locked too - before it attracts too many Southerners to start looking further North to see what all the fuss is about!

All this rain we are having will be topping up the canals very nicely indeed - its just a pity that the water comes from the bombed factories and peat bogs first!

The canals might be full, but you are best staying away really! :rolleyes:

To Late we are already here!! Be afraid very afraid!!!!!!

We are up North and love it, but make a point of regualry every two years on the dot complete clean and 3 coats of blacking - never leave it longer than that. Hopeing this will help for the next 5 years till we come and molest you lot down south.

Which is a real shame because when northerners come down south we try really hard to make them welcome, see past our cultural differences and treat them as if they were British.

:lol: