ITELDOO4ME AND THAT COURT CASE

iteldoo4me

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,sorry for not being here for a while ,but with the court case looming I wanted to be sure I had all the facts.Today was that day,and I am pleased to announce the success in winning the case.many of you you will be aware of my thread relating to this issue,and although I have the paperwork from the court showing that judgement has gone in my favour I dont want to risk being to presumptious in fear of being knocked off this site by naming H***n Boats.SoI wont.

It is however a big step in the right direction to preventing the rogue traders from ripping people off,I am sure it will continue,but I do feel very passionate about doing something to minimize the trend with this surge of satisfying energy I have been given today.My local MP,Liz Blackman is aware of my displeasure of lack of legislations,and is lobbying the goverment to attempt some action,it is one of those issues that might require me wearing a batman outfit and strapping myself to buck Pal to get the attention,.anything is possibe.So to all of you that sent me emails of support I thank you all.This is just the beginning,I havent even started yet.Take it easy out there.Marc

Edited by iteldoo4me

Yeah, well done. Take some balls to take a largh(ish) company to court im sure.

- And the fact you won is just fanstasic.

Daniel

...now... ...will any of the press be brave enough to report on your victory?

Mmm, indeed...

:huh: good news for you mate,and well done,did the owner show up in court? hope you get something coz we are after some, along with quite a few others.

I hope that the boat mags print more than they did for the collapse of the buisness and monies owed to all the boat owners that had been ripped off.

any way well done. :P

Heron survivors club

Edited by Roy n paula

OK Richard, is WW going to write up this case and support the boaters of this world (i.e. your customers) or will you follow the sheep and hardly dare to say anything that is critical of the boatbuilders?

OK Richard, is WW going to write up this case and support the boaters of this world (i.e. your customers) or will you follow the sheep and hardly dare to say anything that is critical of the boatbuilders?

There are several who want me to write up my experience within this court case episode,Jim Sharp,freelancer for Canal & Rivers,Tony Hoyland from Towpath talk,amd WW >>...er um dunno,Peter fairchild is it,he could be interested ,so I'm told,but I have yet to recieve his reply,so would appear that there is a possibility that there will be some writing on the wall at some point soon.

Richard Fairhurst (not far off :huh: ). Yes, I'm interested. Don't think I've got the original message, but you can PM me here or e-mail me at richard.fairhurst@wwonline.co.uk .

dor - it's only appeared in the shops today, but the June WW has a big feature listing 50 points that you should check off when buying a boat, directly inspired by the Heron experience. Some of it should be fairly obvious stuff, but we really, really hope that by pointing out some of the less well-known safeguards (such as the point made here, and elsewhere, that your builder should have title to the fittings before you make the staged payments), fewer people will get burned.

cheers

Richard

Richard, yes I've seen it, and a very comprehensive check list it is too.

There is still a feeling however that the mags (not just WW) have been very reluctant to make a big issue about some of the activities of some builders recently. Some have clearly been downright fraudulent.

Richard Fairhurst (not far off :huh: ). Yes, I'm interested. Don't think I've got the original message, but you can PM me here or e-mail me at richard.fairhurst@wwonline.co.uk .

dor - it's only appeared in the shops today, but the June WW has a big feature listing 50 points that you should check off when buying a boat, directly inspired by the Heron experience. Some of it should be fairly obvious stuff, but we really, really hope that by pointing out some of the less well-known safeguards (such as the point made here, and elsewhere, that your builder should have title to the fittings before you make the staged payments), fewer people will get burned.

cheers

Richard

Richard,

For the uninitiated, how come the "builders" of Marc's boat, who again I will not name, (or at least a firm with apparently the same name and address!), still has advertisements in Waterways World as recently as the last edition, (I don't know about current one, as have yet to see it).

Other than a reduction (!) in their quoted prices per foot, the detail looks pretty similar to adverts from a year ago to me, (down to same phone numbers, web-site addresses, email etc).

This saga has been going on for a very long time now, so I assume it's not a case of "it hasn't been possible to pull these advertisements yet".

I'd love to know the explanation here, as it seems to me to be sending out very confusing messages.

Alan

Richard,

For the uninitiated, how come the "builders" of Marc's boat, who again I will not name, (or at least a firm with apparently the same name and address!), still has advertisements in Waterways World as recently as the last edition, (I don't know about current one, as have yet to see it).

Other than a reduction (!) in their quoted prices per foot, the detail looks pretty similar to adverts from a year ago to me, (down to same phone numbers, web-site addresses, email etc).

This saga has been going on for a very long time now, so I assume it's not a case of "it hasn't been possible to pull these advertisements yet".

I'd love to know the explanation here, as it seems to me to be sending out very confusing messages.

Alan

Reduction in price per ft and about a 30% increase in steel prices! You don't need to be a genius to spot that something is a bit peculiar about that business do you? :huh:

Edited by Gary Peacock

Today was that day,and I am pleased to announce the success in winning the case

I don't want to be a prophet of doom but winning the case can be the easy bit - getting money from the defendant can be a bigger problem. Did you ask for interest to be added to the claim, from the date of judgement?

Your options will be baliff action, getting a charging order or a garnishee order or he could ask to repay in tiny monthly payments. This could delay getting the money back in full a slow process.

I do wish you the very best wishes for a successful outcome. Well done for your courage to take the matter further.

Chrissie

Reduction in price per ft and about a 30% increase in steel prices! You don't need to be a genius to spot that something is a bit peculiar about that business do you? :huh:

You do if youv'e only recently entered the scene and don't know the history. :P

Alan

they`re not in the June edition thankfully,though I expect if you rang him on the old number he would take your order and cash. :huh:

Edited by Roy n paula

Richard, yes I've seen it, and a very comprehensive check list it is too.

There is still a feeling however that the mags (not just WW) have been very reluctant to make a big issue about some of the activities of some builders recently. Some have clearly been downright fraudulent.

Most of this reluctance is due to a conflict of interest,as many of these boat builders advertise with these publications.

Richard,

Alan

The web site for my builder is,as you say the same as it was a year ago,and I can catagorically confirm theat the speil that is seen on their website is nothing short of a load of cock! I think that their website should be withdrawn,it is full of untruths relating to so many factors,that its a crime!

Congratulations Marc. Well done for standing up and fighting, (and winning of course!!) :huh:

EDIT: The question now will be, will any of the press be brave enough to report on your victory?

I'm informed that the answer is yes they will.We'll see!

I'm informed that the answer is yes they will.We'll see!

I forgot to tell you, a couple of weeks ago I was down that way so popped into their place just for a nosey, I was thinking of you. I was suprised, lets just say it wasnt as high tech as the adds make out.