Frank Carson RIP

matty40s

Featured Posts

Sad news, he's died at 85, good run though.

He had been living less than a mile from my ma n pa in Blackpool for a few years and was well known locally, always cracking jokes whilst out.

It's a cracker!!

He was the cabaret at a Firms do many years ago and he really judged the audiance well, everybody was in stitches. Unfortunately the following year we had Mike Reid who went down like a lead ballooon.

Tim

Sad news, he's died at 85, good run though.

He had been living less than a mile from my ma n pa in Blackpool for a few years and was well known locally, always cracking jokes whilst out.

It's a cracker!!

I met him when I was in my teens. He and my dad shared a mutual friend, and we ended up on holiday in the same villa complex in Spain. He was a great laugh in private round the pool and good company, and always willing to do an impromptu show in the bar.

Despite the fact that he could be pretty non-stop with the gags, he never came over as being vain or trying to push himself forward.

A nice bloke.

As a yoof my best friend's Dad's best friend was Charlie Williams.

As a result I got an invite to a dinner do, celebrating his career and, apart from being treated to turn after turn by all the top comics of the time, I shared a table with Frank Carson and Charlie.

On stage I have to say that neither of them are my cup of tea but, that night, their unrehearsed, totally ad-libbed banter had me laughing so much that tears were streaming down my face and I was in physical pain.

I can't recall any time, before or after, that I have laughed so much.