sofa beds

Darren72

Featured Posts

Can anyone recommend someone or some company who makes/stocks them?

I have just very reluctantly had to dump two smart and virtually unused sofa beds as they were bought ( at approx £150 each) for the kids rooms as we thought it would be a good

idea for when their friends came over... they were only used once or twice and I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them.. As usual, "the day after" I chuck something out, its needed !!

So, please console me and say it's "for academic interest only "...laugh.giflaugh.gif

Nick

We looked at many and THB none were very comfortable as sofas Even quite expensive models.

We decided if its for guests then why should we put up with uncomfortable seats all the time when we could have some blow up mattresses for the odd visits from guests.

We use two single futons. Side by side makes a very comfortable sofa, and can make either a very comfortable single (stacked on top each other with a double mattress) or a handy double. Not to everyone's taste, but we're very happy with it.

Can anyone recommend someone or some company who makes/stocks them?

I have a Wilsons 'Stour' sofa bed in blue fabric for sale. Built specifically for narrow boats. PM me if you are interested.

Richard

edited to add link http://www.wilsoncovers.co.uk/furniture/sofa_beds/stour_sofa_bed.html

Edited by Ryeland

I have a Wilsons 'Stour' sofa bed in blue fabric for sale. Built specifically for narrow boats. PM me if you are interested.

Richard

edited to add link http://www.wilsoncov...r_sofa_bed.html

We have one of these and can agree that it is comfortable as a settee and a bed.

Seriously look at this. Depends on price though.

Martyn

I am on the look out for a sofa bed but it has to be small sized ideally 120cm wide. Has anyone successfully managed to get standard sofas through the hatch or is modular the only option?

Elite furnishings sofa's are not modular but designed for narrowboats can be assembled on board. I was able to transport a dismantled "Salisbury" packed away into my estate car quite easily, so I was able to avoid delivery costs. As I said earlier, they can make them to measure.

My link