Friend Invites

Woodstock

Featured Posts

Hello- Just wanted to explain that I'm not a nutter- I seem to have sent friend requests without knowing it- If you receive one and wonder who I am, I'm not crazy just crap with Technology

However as a relative Newbie- It feels nice to have a couple of friends on here- even if we havent met. Is there a way of identifying boats of other forum members (window stickers etc). It would be good to stop and say hello. We're based in Shardlow on Woodstock- feel free to wave and have a chat- and hope at some point to meet some of you at a Banter this year..

plus- If anyone in the area wants to join a meet up in the summer for a few drinks and sharing of a few tales- it would be great- we're still absorbing everyones advice and experiences- the more the better and we've met some great people so far

Cheers

Jackie P

Hello- Just wanted to explain that I'm not a nutter- I seem to have sent friend requests without knowing it- If you receive one and wonder who I am, I'm not crazy just crap with Technology

However as a relative Newbie- It feels nice to have a couple of friends on here- even if we havent met. Is there a way of identifying boats of other forum members (window stickers etc). It would be good to stop and say hello. We're based in Shardlow on Woodstock- feel free to wave and have a chat- and hope at some point to meet some of you at a Banter this year..

plus- If anyone in the area wants to join a meet up in the summer for a few drinks and sharing of a few tales- it would be great- we're still absorbing everyones advice and experiences- the more the better and we've met some great people so far

Cheers

Jackie P

Are you in shardlow marina on the Trent ?

Are you in shardlow marina on the Trent ?

we are- but the boats at Kegworth at the moment being painted- should be back in 2-3 weeks- itching to get back on her- we only bought her last September, so really looking forward to getting out and about this year. We arent liveaboard but hope to be there most weekends and booked a few weeks off work so far so we can go a bit further.

Cheers

Jackie P

Hi Jackie P,

Im sure I must've passed you in September as I went upto Shardlow in my cruiser, I had to stop and turn around as I couldnt fit my boat under bridge 3 :( Im moored at RedHill so if your passing by anytime likewise give me a shout, stop or a wave at least! Hope to catch up with you soon, even if I only come down that way to visit and moor up outside the 'New Inn' again :cheers:

Regards

Rachel

Is there a way of identifying boats of other forum members (window stickers etc).

Born again Christians add the sign of the fish to the back of their cars, maybe forum members could add the Canal World 'prawn' the the stern of their boat.....................

Born again Christians add the sign of the fish to the back of their cars, maybe forum members could add the Canal World 'prawn' the the stern of their boat.....................

Prune,prattler,pratalert,pilock better stop now and get coat :rolleyes:

14skipper

Our site host, DHutch, had a number of CWDF window stickers made up. Like many other Forum members we have one in a window on each side. Send him a PM and see if he's got any left (or if not, maybe he can print up another set)

Cheers

Jackie P

Hi Jackie :)

We're based at Beeston Marina at the moment, so you might see us out and about!

If you fancy attending a banter sooner rather than later there's one at Beeston on 18th February Beeston Banter Thread

Our site host, DHutch, had a number of CWDF window stickers made up. Like many other Forum members we have one in a window on each side. Send him a PM and see if he's got any left (or if not, maybe he can print up another set)

The Big Problem I find with the CWF stickers is that I can't easily recognise them from a distance. I need to get so close to the suspected sticker and peer at it to be sure that it feels rude and intrusive. Then I have a load of explaining to do if it turns out NOT to be a CWF sticker and I'm spotted.... 'why you looking so closely in my window' type of looks from the boater....

And if we DO get another batch done, a space to put the CDW user-name on would be good!

Hi Jackie P,

Im sure I must've passed you in September as I went upto Shardlow in my cruiser, I had to stop and turn around as I couldnt fit my boat under bridge 3 :( Im moored at RedHill so if your passing by anytime likewise give me a shout, stop or a wave at least! Hope to catch up with you soon, even if I only come down that way to visit and moor up outside the 'New Inn' again :cheers:

Regards

Rachel

Rachel - Surprised you couldnt make it under Shardlow Bridge - Trying to remember from our couple of bizarre encounters (Wet dog at Kegworth / Wet friend at Ratcliffe !) whether you have a hard top on yr boat.

Shardlow Bridge looks low but I reckon u could get under ok (if no hard top then you will need the sheet (canopy) down.) Worth a look again under slow throttle getting ready to reverse.

Sure you could make it under normal conditions

Rachel - Surprised you couldnt make it under Shardlow Bridge - Trying to remember from our couple of bizarre encounters (Wet dog at Kegworth / Wet friend at Ratcliffe !) whether you have a hard top on yr boat.

Shardlow Bridge looks low but I reckon u could get under ok (if no hard top then you will need the sheet (canopy) down.) Worth a look again under slow throttle getting ready to reverse.

Sure you could make it under normal conditions

Canopy was down benfordboy, my windowscreen was the problem it was inches away from the bridge and I just hadnt got the guts to take my boat under it, so had to reverse quickly like you said.

Anyhow only got a 'River only' License so I understand I cant go any further than this anyway, my roof is collapsable but is a pain in the backside to do.

Hope to see you again soon and under better circumstances :lol: :lol:

Anyhow only got a 'River only' License so I understand I cant go any further than this anyway

Roxy - This is a common misconception - The River Licence covers you to Shardlow on the River Trent (Limit of Navigation) , Not Shardlow on the Trent & Mersey.

I suspect you may be able to blag it as a 'Oh I didnt know' most River Only Licence holders out of Sawley seem to wing it up to the pubs at Shardlow (The presence of the flood gates at Shardlow enforce most folks belief that its actually a river....)

Mind you , Why bother - A recent call from one of our locals to BW asking about Short term Canal Licence upgrade to his River licence was told 'Why Bother - You have a licence anyway !!! '

Roxy - This is a common misconception - The River Licence covers you to Shardlow on the River Trent (Limit of Navigation) , Not Shardlow on the Trent & Mersey.

I suspect you may be able to blag it as a 'Oh I didnt know' most River Only Licence holders out of Sawley seem to wing it up to the pubs at Shardlow (The presence of the flood gates at Shardlow enforce most folks belief that its actually a river....)

Mind you , Why bother - A recent call from one of our locals to BW asking about Short term Canal Licence upgrade to his River licence was told 'Why Bother - You have a licence anyway !!! '

Because I like to think Im being an honest person...Been bought up to tell the truth and not lie, to anyone or anything, but watching BW in action since christmas @ Redhill! jesus! Im seriously thinking of getting a job with them, they only seem to be wandering along the towpath for 4 days a week on there mobiles, arguing about there 'other halfs' then wandering back into the porta cabin for a brew, then pissing off! .....Sorry thats where our Licence fees go.....God bless em they work so hard :unsure::rolleyes:

Because I like to think Im being an honest person...Been bought up to tell the truth and not lie, to anyone or anything, but watching BW in action since christmas @ Redhill! jesus! Im seriously thinking of getting a job with them, they only seem to be wandering along the towpath for 4 days a week on there mobiles, arguing about there 'other halfs' then wandering back into the porta cabin for a brew, then pissing off! .....Sorry thats where our Licence fees go.....God bless em they work so hard :unsure::rolleyes:

How ironic.

The local BW volunteers along here in Audlem work very hard to keep things flowing :rolleyes:

Edited by Doorman

Is there a way of identifying boats of other forum members (window stickers etc). It would be good to stop and say hello.

You could always print your avatar or name on a T-shirt. :)

P1080981.jpg

Edited by koukouvagia