Cratch/ pram makers

ukrizla

Featured Posts

Hi all, now I know that cratch and pram covers arent everyones cup of tea, but being a liveaboard my wife and I decided to have them fitted.Does anybody know of a reputable company that can make these without costing the earth. We have had some made but due to the shoddy work and the time it has taken to do, we have decided to bite the bullet get some more made and let the solicitors sort out the rest.

Hi all, now I know that cratch and pram covers arent everyones cup of tea, but being a liveaboard my wife and I decided to have them fitted.Does anybody know of a reputable company that can make these without costing the earth. We have had some made but due to the shoddy work and the time it has taken to do, we have decided to bite the bullet get some more made and let the solicitors sort out the rest.

Excuse the pun, but we are in the same boat as you. We require a sten cover for our semi trad. Let me know if you have any joy. I have tried "Stafford Canopies", "Canvasman" and "boathoodsdirect". Not wishing to pay £500 for such little cover.

Edited by Darren72

Hi

Have you tried Kinver Canopies? http://www.kinvercanopies.co.uk/

We had them make us a Tonneau cover. Excellant service, good product and a reasonable price. They even sent some spares at no cost!

No connection other than satisfied customers.

John. :cheers:

agreed, very happy with their service and the quality, oh, and their price.

norbury%201%20020%202.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1319709678838

Tony is very good, he will visit you where you are and if you so wish you can moor where he is on the SUC while he makes them he is busy so guess he must be good.

I can vouch for Tony`s work and price, very good, Here he is fitting mine

which one is it that puts the photo into the message, never can get it right

IMG_6334.jpg

ok done it lol :help:

Edited by STIG

I think I was moored at Shebden when Tony was working on your boat in October.

Well how de doodee

Are you one of the two boats that were together :blink:

He`s made a good job and reasonable quick as well, Kinver were quoting 3 months at least to wait

I'm a local girl and all of the cover makers round here seem to do a good job!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=13897&do=view_album&album=675

But do you think its only the best photos they show here?

That said, there always seems to be nice covers on our bit of canal.

Edited by mollymandy

He`s made a good job and reasonable quick as well, Kinver were quoting 3 months at least to wait

I'm not sure if we have ever quoted "3 months at least"... I think you may be thinking of Wilsons cause they did have a 12 week waiting list after "That time", But to be fair, I think that theirs has also now been reduced to about 6 weeks or so.

I'm a local girl and all of the cover makers round here seem to do a good job!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=13897&do=view_album&album=675

But do you think its only the best photos they show here?

That said, there always seems to be nice covers on our bit of canal.

Cheers Molly,

And to answer your question its not actually our best photos in our gallery, I only popped a few up to show people what we could achieve when we first joined canalworld(I got a little told off for posting too many in one go so stopped)., there are quite a few nice ones out there now without a photo of them in sight, We are very proud of our work and like too show it off but I do understand that it looks like massive free advertising to some people so try to be very selective with anything that is posted from now on.

Also, Molly If your local to us (as your location is Kinver so I take it that's what you mean) would you like to PM us as I have some ideas to test (for free) and am looking for a boat or two that are local and willing to help.

The company which has done ours (crap and shoddy work) took photos and said he would add them to their web page, he got offended when I asked him if he didnt want anymore work when people saw what he could do. We are currently taking legal action over this matter, so as you all can appreciate I wont or cant mention names at the moment. We asked for a cratch and recieved a fan, as the guy in question said he has to buy the wood in and at £400 just for the wood he said he couldnt justify spending that much money, I did point out that it wasnt his money that he was spending, but we still ended up with a fan. I havent paid him the outstanding balance, and he hasnt been back, although he wants us to return what he has done......................................................... fat chance, all we wanted for our brand new boat was something that was in keeping with what is too my wife and our perfect home.

Just taken a look at the link Molly has placed on here and I have to say they do look the part, I may be leaning towards Kinver covers as I have heard so much about them.

I'm not sure if we have ever quoted "3 months at least"... I think you may be thinking of Wilsons cause they did have a 12 week waiting list after "That time", But to be fair, I think that theirs has also now been reduced to about 6 weeks or so.

Very sorry , :blush: yes it was Wilsons, I had forgot about the split. :wacko:

Now I suppose I am going to get a poke at that one :help:

Wilsons did both front and back for us. Fit perfectly but have one small drawback. The condensation just pours off the inside of the cratch at this time of year. To be fair we do have a wider cover than most so there is more area at roof level but it is a problem to watch out for.

Wilsons did both front and back for us. Fit perfectly but have one small drawback. The condensation just pours off the inside of the cratch at this time of year. To be fair we do have a wider cover than most so there is more area at roof level but it is a problem to watch out for.

But condensation on the inside of the cratch is a symptom of the way you use the space, and nothing to do with Wilsons. Any other maker's cratch cover would do the same.

David