Off-the-shelf water plastic tank

MtB

Featured Posts

As title.

Had a poke around the MC site and can't find any mention. We have LOADS of space so pretty much any size will do, so we don't need one custom made, but googling and searching the chandler sites reveals all sorts of water tanks other than a plain, ordinary tank holding a few hundred litres....

Can anybody suggest where to buy a plastic water tank of, say, 100 or 200 litres please?

Thanks, Mike

(Edited to change the capacity to a realistic value!)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

As title.

Had a poke around the MC site and can't find any mention. We have LOADS of space so pretty much any size will do, so we don't need one custom made, but googling and searching the chandler sites reveals all sorts of water tanks other than a plain, ordinary tank holding a few hundred litres....

Can anybody suggest where to buy a plastic water tank of, say, 100 or 200 litres please?

Thanks, Mike

(Edited to change the capacity to a realistic value!)

Try looking on Plastimo website, they have water tanks or consider having on tailor made by Goodwin Plastics. I got them to make me a fuel tank and was very surprised at the low cost for a custom built tank.

Phil

Mike, got our from Tanks Direct as mentioned above

http://www.plastic-w...co.uk/index.php

Fitted in boat:

watertank23610.jpg

I fitted it in the front cratch locker, it provides additional water space to our main tank in the bow. I fixed a toilet type ball valve in the plastic tank to prevent water overflowing when the bow tank is full.

E.T.A. After much faffing about I found I needed a pressure relief valve in the plastic tank to allow it to fill. This valve is obviously above the full water level. Emptying is fine as the lower pressure created just sucks water from the main tank.

Edited by Ray T

Thanks for the links everyone.

I was meaning a proper watertight sealed tank not a household tank with a snap-on lid, and I was thinking I'd like food grade polythene rather than a tank designed for car velet peeps etc. But I'll have a good look through the links when I get back late tonight...

I have a feeling I might yet end up having one made!