Rather Nice Looking "Tug Style" For Sale

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

You have given too many clues here as I have sussed it. I have also admired this boat since I first saw it some two years after its conversion.

:o I thought no one would get it from that, but I suppose if you know the boat then it is not too difficult. Well, hopefully I shall be picking her up soon and traveling North with her, will be rather hard to keep it a secret then!

Just to check, could you PM me with which boat you think it is?

Good luck with the sale Tiggers... have you advertised elsewhere?

Quite likely i'm wrong but thought I had seen the boat advertised before, I may be getting confused with sighting her when she was moored along the cut during the Crick Show as I recall admiring her then, either way a lovely looking piece of work.

There is another very nice looking Les Allen tug listed on Apollo too but strangely not in the tug section?

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=206981

Good luck with the sale Tiggers... have you advertised elsewhere?

Quite likely i'm wrong but thought I had seen the boat advertised before, I may be getting confused with sighting her when she was moored along the cut during the Crick Show as I recall admiring her then, either way a lovely looking piece of work.

There is another very nice looking Les Allen tug listed on Apollo too but strangely not in the tug section?

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=206981

Martin at William Piper had originally bought her with the intention of fitting her out for himself, but things then got manically busy at the company, and he realized he just wouldn't have the time. I was then put in charge of selling her, which, I have to admit, I did not put 100% in to as I was desperately looking for the money to buy her myself! She was indeed moored up at Crick Show, as I've been living on her since Summer last year :)

Persia is rather nice, Mr Allen (and his sons) did build a rather nice boat!

PM sent.

You are quite right Sir! Even just reading her name makes me well up!

You are quite right Sir! Even just reading her name makes me well up!

As a researcher of 'historic' narrow boats I am afraid I know all of the former G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. narrow boats having photographed all that remains of this fleet between 1990 and 2000 (I also know most other 'historic' narrow boats !). Once the sale has gone through please feel free to contact me regarding your 'new' boats history, unless of course you already have it.

As a researcher of 'historic' narrow boats I am afraid I know all of the former G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. narrow boats having photographed all that remains of this fleet between 1990 and 2000 (I also know most other 'historic' narrow boats !). Once the sale has gone through please feel free to contact me regarding your 'new' boats history, unless of course you already have it.

That would be amazing, thank-you so much. I know very little about her unfortunately, I really would love to know more about her.

I had over 1000 hits on my slideshow, of the lifeboat, and the eventual buyer made an offer based on the 100 or so photos he could see, before viewing the boat.

Most paid ads limit you to 12 photos or less so you can never show every detail of the boat.

12 ... woopey dooo...

better than one ...

my original point..

12 ... woopey dooo...

better than one ...

my original point..

Nope, don't get your point.

You said that more photos the better.

I explained a simple method to save money and get even more photos (I also linked to a YouTube video, in the ad) and response is "woopey doo..." :wacko:

I would rather not say too much until I have picked her up (which will be once Dudley is sold), but she's a small woolwich which has been made into a VERY nice tug, one that I have admired for a number of years. Wooden bottom and cabin, rather nice JP2, basically the boat I have dreamt of for quite some time. Rather excitable at the moment!

could I just say ,

the advert was rather perfect, only one photo, but the description was absolutely perfect and made one want to come and view.

Good luck with your new target.......I am a couple and a few of years of doing the same, but can't wait to do it.

could I just say ,

the advert was rather perfect, only one photo, but the description was absolutely perfect and made one want to come and view.

Good luck with your new target.......I am a couple and a few of years of doing the same, but can't wait to do it.

Thank you, your welcome to come and have a look. I am going to miss her massively, written from the heart. Never in a million years thought I would sell her

That narrows it down pretty precisely :P

Well you will probably be able to understand why I am selling Dudley!

Only if you are clever enough to work it out - which I'm not convinced I am at the moment! :lol:

Well, (assuming it was built as a motor boat) there would appear to be four possible candidates by name, two of which are definitely not tugs, one of which is (but surely not for sale?) and one I know nothing about at all.

Dunno who has and who hasn't frankly. It's not as obvious as a wooden leg.

:lol:

Can I just say, Morse would be proud guys. I was hoping it wouldn't get out, and I think some of you are getting dangerously close... (sorry Chertsey, not that close)

Edited by Tiggers

Wooden bottom?

Yes,

But you have to be fairly close to these things to know which ones still have a planked bottom. I assumed most do not these days, but simply don't know which still do.

I had a theory, (a butty, where both ends are now a motor), but I'm not convinced on the JP2 bit.

OK, I admit it - I'm not very good at this! :blush:

Your point is not important.

To you (and others maybe) possibly not..but given it's a discussion forum I will re-make it.

My point is I find it surprising that people often try to sell boats costing many thousands but for whatever reason feel unable to spend a few quid on posting up some decent pic's on their duck ads. when it might advance their sale.

To you (and others maybe) possibly not..but given it's a discussion forum I will re-make it.

My point is I find it surprising that people often try to sell boats costing many thousands but for whatever reason feel unable to spend a few quid on posting up some decent pic's on their duck ads. when it might advance their sale.

And some boats sell themselves...