Is there a 'Singles' forum, site, page etc for Narrowboaters ?

Featured Posts

I started a site a couple of years ago, the idea being to find friendship, maybe a cruising partner, or even romance! I had over 70 members but only about 4 ever contributed to the forum. I also recognised some of the male members names from this site and found in their postings they spoke of "we", the "we" being the missus! No name, no pack drill, you know who you are!

Surfice to say, I gave it up as a bad job, which is a shame, as a solo boater myself, I would have liked to find companionship.

Hey,,hi ya matey,

What do you think of this,,I saw this title thread on this board earlier today,

I made an effort, shook off all the moth balls,got all dressed up,in my freshly washed & ironed Onesie,(you know the battle scared one I had on at Xmas),prepared some drinks & a meal in the hope of attracting the attention of a compatible cruising Companion only to find out this thread is 3 yrs old!.

So have been sulking into my Cider & Eating plates of Donuts consoleing myself with a Mils & Boon Boddis Ripper ever since.

I've been drifting in and out of consciousness since mid December, wearing my onesie I went completely into hibernation. The current buns out now so I've woken up, obviously oblivious to the fact that I'm married and have 3 children, seen this post and thought way hay, until the missus give me a dig, bringing me back down to earth with a bump. Hi Paul.

Have any of you tried the A.C.S. (Association of Continuous Singles)?

No,,,if i do,I might loose my mooring !.

Quick question now I'm self conscious,,,

Does my bum look big in this Wide Beam ?

Or does my Onesie hide it a bit,,I want to be presentable you know.

If this site takes off again,maybe the Mods should move it to the Pub!.

Hey,,I think I've pulled,no joke !.

Ime in the Cafe at my marina,and a Very lovely lady sat next to me on the leather sofa where I was having my coffee, even though there was many othe vacant seats !.

As she sat down with a gasp of relief,she looked at me smiled and said ' Oh it is nice to take the weight of your feet'

So I dutifully replied 'yes it is,,I bet your feet where screaming for a rest'

Now,i think she has got a bit of bowel problem,

as she then smiled at me again (yep,that's twice) & said 'I must go to the loo' to which I said 'Oh no,your going to punish those poor feet again are you' in the hope of carrying the polite ice breaking conversation going,now I can't quite see the loo doors from where I'm sat,but

she has been in there a long time now.

Hey,,I think I've pulled,no joke !.

Ime in the Cafe at my marina,and a Very lovely lady sat next to me on the leather sofa where I was having my coffee, even though there was many othe vacant seats !.

As she sat down with a gasp of relief,she looked at me smiled and said ' Oh it is nice to take the weight of your feet'

So I dutifully replied 'yes it is,,I bet your feet where screaming for a rest'

Now,i think she has got a bit of bowel problem,

as she then smiled at me again (yep,that's twice) & said 'I must go to the loo' to which I said 'Oh no,your going to punish those poor feet again are you' in the hope of carrying the polite ice breaking conversation going,now I can't quite see the loo doors from where I'm sat,but

she has been in there a long time now.

I would check she's ok again in the morning Paul,.... look around and nip in the ladies loos......, and take a spare roll of loo paper, she may be eternally grateful

I thought about that,but I didn't want to embarrass her,,so I got some Tenna thingys apparently for those Oops moments !. thought that a bit more subtle,,after all I don't know her.

Oh Bless her,she must have been so shy,,I've just noticed the back window in the loo is wide open.

Oh well, lucky I've still got the receipt for the Tenna thingys..

I wonder if I will see her tomorrow.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Wonder why she had to open and leave the window open. Take the Tenna stuff back and buy some oust spring garden spray.

Just a thought.

Martyn

Wonder why she had to open and leave the window open. Take the Tenna stuff back and buy some oust spring garden spray.

Just a thought.

Martyn

Brilliant idea,

Your a bit of a romantic I can tell,

Yes, oust is a lot cheaper than the Lilly of the valley I was going to get her

Good idea, now is there a £ store local ?.

I remember back in the 80's there was a singles column in Waterways World, full of time waster women who wouldn't ever get beyond a couple of messages and a dozen excuses not to meet!! maybe it was the 2 heads and horns that put them off!! lol

Doesn't being horny help then?

The only "lass" you need on a narrowboat is a windlass

There are now several female members of the forum plotting revenge.......sleep with one eye open.......

There are now several female members of the forum plotting revenge.......sleep with one eye open.......

Apparently

I'm on a particular lady's SHXT list, For commenting on a problem she was having in her toilet in connection with her 'Deposits' she made one evening.

It's very apt if you think about it.

I can't think who it was now, but it was a beautiful Star ry night.!. So I've been on edge ever since,I've even posted a guard on my Donuts.

Apparently

I'm on a particular lady's SHXT list, For commenting on a problem she was having in her toilet in connection with her 'Deposits' she made one evening.

It's very apt if you think about it.

I can't think who it was now, but it was a beautiful Star ry night.!. So I've been on edge ever since,I've even posted a guard on my Donuts.

Sleep soundly Paul as I, Sir Phil Protecter of Donut Honor am standing alert and watchfull to ensure your donuts are not molested

Phil

Well done Sir Phil,

Have you delt with that other matter !.

I need your advice again.

If I was to have blind date,and want to obviously put a bit of a show on, bit not so much it's false you understand. What Donuts should I provide for a snack, Bearing in mind I don't really know her yet,

Do I play safe with the Jam,

Go with the Frosted with sprinkles,

Or go the whole hog and spring for the fresh cream and Jam long ones, with sprinkles on the side.

Oh I just don't know,you can see my dilemma,and I've only got an hour to sort it.

Do you deliver !.

Liver is not a good filling for a Donut.

What about really runny icing. When she bites into the donut and it runs down her chin, you will have something to chat about.

2nd edit. Custard is good.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Well done Sir Phil,

If I was to have blind date,and want to obviously put a bit of a show on, bit not so much it's false you understand. What Donuts should I provide for a snack, Bearing in mind I don't really know her yet,

Or go the whole hog and spring for the fresh cream and Jam long ones, with sprinkles on the side.

Oh I just don't know,you can see my dilemma,and I've only got an hour to sort it.

Do you deliver !.

Custard. Trust me.

Well done Sir Phil,

Do you deliver !.

To be honest Paul I would go for the middle ground and settle for Custard Donuts but would add that if you want to impress her do get some serviettes, failing that use kitchen towel and at a pinch....bog roll only make sure its the soft fluffy stuff deffo not Sisal.

Afraid can't deliver as the donutmobil is kaput at the mo.

Good luck and go get'um

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

Aaah Servietts & Flowers !.

Oh no, I forgot.

Ok improvise,ok I've got about 40 minutes.

Right Andrex for servietts & I got some Flowered Dog poo bags I can artisticly arrange in an empty Cider Bottle & spray some Fabreese ! Right sorted.

I've opend the tin of sardines in tomato sauce.

Got the bread in the toaster, and 4 create of Cider, yep I'm ready. Come and get me girl.!.

It's been a while,