Invading My Privacy

Androo

Featured Posts

Stockton Heath is a quiet mooring normally, except it has the pubover the road, and lots of restaurants on the main road. You could up your pins and move a little further on...to where things are quieter...it's the beauty of that canal..you can moor anywhere, and you can leave the noise behind. Maybe you can wind further on and go back to Stockon Heath tomorrow?......or carry on past Lymm and get to Sale...or the Trafford centre stretch..which is quiet, and right beside a huge shopping area, petrol station, B&Q

Why o why do I have to be subjected to the noise of music on full bass by inconsiderate boaters at Stockton Heath??

I just wish they would f@@k off back to their caves

That's how stressed they have got me

androo

If stuff like this is not happening on your own home mooring, one of the best things about boating is you can rev up and move on.

Even then changing your home mooring is generally easier than moving house.

Why o why do I have to be subjected to the noise of music on full bass by inconsiderate boaters at Stockton Heath??

I just wish they would f@@k off back to their caves

That's how stressed they have got me

androo

If a bit of music has such an effect on you then you are probably a stressed out mess who is only too glad to find something or someone to blame for your moodiness , tell me , do boats go too fast passing your boat?

RELAX

Edited by gaggle
  • Greenie 1

We moored by Shugborough last summer because there was two nights of concerts there.

Brilliant. Can't remember who it was the first night heading the bill (somebody Astley?) but Jules Holland & his crew the 2nd night were great.

You get to hear the music nearly as good as being in there & you havn't got the treck home at the end. And the dog loved the the fireworks that finished the shows.

We moored by Shugborough last summer because there was two nights of concerts there.

Brilliant. Can't remember who it was the first night heading the bill (somebody Astley?) but Jules Holland & his crew the 2nd night were great.

You get to hear the music nearly as good as being in there & you havn't got the treck home at the end. And the dog loved the the fireworks that finished the shows.

I guess that'll be Rick....

rick-astley.jpg

One of Jan's favourites.....sad I know...

rick-astley.jpg

One of Jan's favourites.....sad I know...

The interesting thing about the man they used to call Rick Ghastly in the 80s, is that one day he just decided he'd had enough and gave it up. I think he's doing 80s revival stuff now but I heard him interviewed on Radio 4 recently and he's a very down to earth bloke. He knows he was at the uncreative, manufactured end of the pop spectrum and is unpretentious about it.

On the Thames I often see (hear) people in plastic cruisers with music blaring from their boats. I can't help thinking "Why would anyone come to the river to blast their music when there's all this beautiful scenery to enjoy in relative tranquility away from the stresses of modern life?" I don't get it?

Edited by blackrose

I stopped at Walton Park on Saturday afternoon, and went in the Walton Arms later that evening. You could hear the music both from where the boat was moored and from where we were sat in the pub, not my type of music, but after a while I learned to ignore it, so it wasn't a problem for me.

Had some good entertainment that evening walking with Kerry back to the boat... people of around my age looking completely lost in the middle of nowhere covered in mud and obviously a little bit the worse for wear, possibly drink (or other) related. One car passed us 5 times before they stopped alongside and asked how they got out of the park :)

Kerry saw a bit of the lazer show but I missed it!

i live 2.5 miles .. as the crow does fly .. from this place/event

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/9228948.Coundown_is_on_to_Bingley_Live/

and all i get to hear is the bass .. usualy sounds loud and intrusive .. ( volume and clarity depends on the prevailing wind direction and strength ) ..

.. bass frequencies travel :-)

wouldn't mind tooo much .. except the quality of bass playing is usually mind numbingly boring ..

accented by the fact that the other 'musical' ;-/ elements are missing from the distant mix ..

Edited by ~ HD ~