Aggressive prick...

Featured Posts

Perhaps if you don't like the way it was expressed, you should ask the moderators to intervene (after all, it IS their role), rather than going all sanctimonious about it.

I don't go crying to mummy every time I see something I don't like. By the way MJG was aggressive to me and used poor language in post 19. I don't believe I have been aggressive to him I have just expressed my view that I thought his post was a bit over the top in use of language.

By the way why do you feel you need to involve yourself who appointed you?

This is far to daft to continue so this is may last word. Do your worst coz I know how you like the last word.

Well done that man!

typing 'yorkshire humour' into youtube search brought up some good uns

"Harry Enfield- The Yorkshireman"

the original " 4 yorkshiremen " with marty feldman ..

would have posted .. but don't want to derail the thread ..

despite it being a sunny day in yorkshire .. for the most part :)

~~~~~~~

as is .. i'm trying to decipher a boat ad. written in dutch ..

Edited by ~ HD ~

To get the thread back on subject: aren't cyclists supposed to have a bell fitted to their bikes? It always was a legal requirement when I was a lad. Nowadays they race along the towpaths with either a shout of warning or nothing at all.

To get the thread back on subject: aren't cyclists supposed to have a bell fitted to their bikes? It always was a legal requirement when I was a lad. Nowadays they race along the towpaths with either a shout of warning or nothing at all.

No. Perversely, they have to be fitted with a bell when sold (though this is widely ignored), but they do not have to be fitted with a bell or similar device while on the carriageway.

Being the first to comment on this I have been following the comments with some interest.

Frstly hindsight is a wonderful gift everybody has and nobody uses it until it's too late. I don't know MJG but I can well appreciate his feelings when typing the OP, when he must have been pretty wound up. I'm sure on reflection and in more calmer times he would use different words. I certainly have thought and said things which afterwards I have regretted

The main thing is that he is OK and at least he was not left drying himself off after an uncalled for dunking or worse.

I wouldve pushed him in the canal, and then chucked his bike in there with him! and said ''now who has priority!'' I cant just walk away from such a situation like that, my downfall sometimes :unsure:

LOL.....me too!! I'm lucky I suppose in that I've done a fair bit of boxing and idiots such as this don't bother me, in fact I'd quite look forward to the practice!!

LOL.....me too!! I'm lucky I suppose in that I've done a fair bit of boxing and idiots such as this don't bother me, in fact I'd quite look forward to the practice!!

Yeah but DavidK, Im only 5ft 2in, and about 8 stone lol, they say small dogs can be worse than the big dogs to worry about being nasty :lol: Does that imply to humans aswell I wander..... :unsure:

Being the first to comment on this I have been following the comments with some interest.

Frstly hindsight is a wonderful gift everybody has and nobody uses it until it's too late. I don't know MJG but I can well appreciate his feelings when typing the OP, when he must have been pretty wound up. I'm sure on reflection and in more calmer times he would use different words. I certainly have thought and said things which afterwards I have regretted

The main thing is that he is OK and at least he was not left drying himself off after an uncalled for dunking or worse.

Thanks for all the supportive posts -

they are appreciated...

There is a difference between swearing, and being agressive towards another member.

I have never understood the difference between f-off and 'go forth and multiply'.

Did he have a saddle or was he seated on the sticking up tube (as it were)?

Very amusing reading this thread. I take it most replies are from men but please forgive me if I'm wrong. Glad to see you haven't reached pistols at dawn. :-)

Just to add to the OP's original comments, however worded, I have noticed of late that there does seem to be a lot more assertive, grumpy, rude types of people using the towpath where I walk. In fact, as a boat owner and lover of the canals and towpaths, I'm almost reluctant to walk these days unless my husband comes with me. I'm only small and have come across children tearing along on bikes, joggers that give evil looks for simply having to run around me and other less than tolerant people. I just wonder if it's the current mood of people in general at the moment.

Anyway, glad to hear the OP was OK despite his encounter.