Isn't Devizes Wharf wonderful?

grahame r

Featured Posts

Well, it has almost everything. Loads of 72 hour moorings not filled with overstayers, there were 20 boats here last night and still some room. Water and pump out facilities. The K&A Trust Headquarters/Museum. Lovely Town with Thursday Market, Supermarkets and all manner of shops. WADWORTHS BREWERY!!! THE CAEN HILL FLIGHT-one of the wonders of the canal world. So why have BW decided to withdraw the refuse collection facilities? I asked the BW man doing his rounds to check overstaying etc (nothing wrong with that!) and he said "WE have some outside OUR offices at the top of the Flight" Not even a titter when I replied "YOU would!"

Any other places more perfect?

Well, it has almost everything. Loads of 72 hour moorings not filled with overstayers, there were 20 boats here last night and still some room. Water and pump out facilities. The K&A Trust Headquarters/Museum. Lovely Town with Thursday Market, Supermarkets and all manner of shops. WADWORTHS BREWERY!!! THE CAEN HILL FLIGHT-one of the wonders of the canal world. So why have BW decided to withdraw the refuse collection facilities? I asked the BW man doing his rounds to check overstaying etc (nothing wrong with that!) and he said "WE have some outside OUR offices at the top of the Flight" Not even a titter when I replied "YOU would!"

Any other places more perfect?

How did they manage to get 20 boats onto Devizes Wharf? It's only about 70ft or so.

How did they manage to get 20 boats onto Devizes Wharf? It's only about 70ft or so.

Ear protectors and gas masks required i should think,if there's so many boats packed in such a small space.All with engines and generators all on full song. A place to avoid.I like Wadworths beer though. bizzard :unsure:

The first bit is the water point and elsan. The next bit to the building is for a hire boat company and trip boat. So in this picture no boats are allowed to moor on this section of the wharf.

Edited by Laurie.Booth

I always assumed the wharf is on the left and apart from the p/o there is room for one nb behind the trip boat. Room for another further down by the car park but I don't think that is classed as the wharf?

And there's definitely no supermarkets or the Caen Hill Flight there. Or am I being pedantic?