Every boat owners nightmare

Terence

Featured Posts

I have never seen a boat craned out in person before but got the chance last week at our marina when a wide beam boat that had been sold by New & Used was being lifted out to go to it's new home somewhere on the system.

It is an impressive thing to see done well. I noticed the crew at first only lifted the boat so far our the water to see if it was going to tilt forward or backwards - initially it went forwards so they carefully lowered it back and re-positioned the strops and repeated.

It took three goes to get it to lift out level but it didn't fall.....

He jumps out and legs it about 6 seconds into the video.

You know I never noticed that, what a lucky man.

I do know that crane will never pass its next MOT at least four of them tyres are bald. :D

Terence

I have never seen a boat craned out in person before but got the chance last week at our marina when a wide beam boat that had been sold by New & Used was being lifted out to go to it's new home somewhere on the system.

It is an impressive thing to see done well. I noticed the crew at first only lifted the boat so far our the water to see if it was going to tilt forward or backwards - initially it went forwards so they carefully lowered it back and re-positioned the strops and repeated.

It took three goes to get it to lift out level but it didn't fall.....

It's not exactly impressive when you've just spent nearly two years hard work fitting your boat out and watch it all hanging on a thread, insured yes but the thought of going through it all again and realising you couldn't do that does makes your arse twitch a bit :unsure: a bloke said to me don't worry it's insured, I've seen loads go in, it doesn't bother me my reply was 'I don't expect it does if it's not your boat' I resisted adding 'dickhead' :)