Where do you send a victron inverter to be repaired?

bespin

Featured Posts

Hi wonder if anyone knows the details of where to send a multiplus inverter charger from victron to for checking and repair. im unable to find many details except the telephone number in holland that i can not phone on my network. thanks

whats wrong with it? just repaired fault on mine, fan kept staying on

Call On Board energy in Nuneaton they are victron dealers. They will sort you out with a returns number and address to send to in Holland.

Put in a covering letter asking for a quote before repair so you dont get any nasty shocks. Normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to be sorted.

I regularly send these back this way and use www.parcel2go.com as a courier. Cheap and efficient courier.

Last unit i sent back was repaired for free even though it was out of warranty.

Hope That Helps

Edited by JGMarine

thanks for the replys, will try and contact them on monday and get it sent off with a covering letter. the unit flicks on to overload which i think is a common fault with units a few years old. going to be putting it on our new boat so want it working properly.

Was this a simple fix? Our 1500kW Victron combi does this after cruising- I had always put it down to heat from the engine below

Mick

thats possible, mine was the temp sensor lead to the batteries, had the fan going constantly. changed the sensor, fine now

Hi wonder if anyone knows the details of where to send a multiplus inverter charger from victron to for checking and repair. im unable to find many details except the telephone number in holland that i can not phone on my network. thanks

Where to send it? Give it the float test!

Where to send it? Give it the float test!

When its knaccered, through it in the canal and see if it floats, that is, works again; if it sinks you have the answer. Thats the float test! Usually done out of frustration! Also its a marine engineering term for 'its broken'.

Before anyone complains about enviromental issues, I do not under any circumstances knowingly or unknowingly chuck stuff in the cut. It beggers belief that BW don't privide more recycle facilities for our licence fee and encourage responsable recycleing and reducing pollution and waste. Electronic goods can be recycled at a local authority site.

Where did you get the sensor? I may have the same problem and it's worth a try.

Paul

my local chandler sourced one for me, free of charge, mind you, had only bought the unit from him 2 weeks b4

my local chandler sourced one for me, free of charge, mind you, had only bought the unit from him 2 weeks b4

disconnect the plus and minus wires of the sensor from your unit, if the fan stops, then possibly a faulty sensor

• 4 years later...

I have been investigating a problem with a faulty Victron Phoenix inverter/charger: 24V, 3kW, 70amp. It goes through the normal display of panel LEDs and delay before displaying the overload indicator, even with the 240V load disconnected. I cannot see any fried components on the circuit boards and have bench tested the unit off the boat with the same results.

I was given the contact details provided for Kevin Wadsworth (see post #2) but the numbers are dead. I'm looking for a repairer in the north of England if possible, and would be grateful for suggestions.

I have been investigating a problem with a faulty Victron Phoenix inverter/charger: 24V, 3kW, 70amp. It goes through the normal display of panel LEDs and delay before displaying the overload indicator, even with the 240V load disconnected. I cannot see any fried components on the circuit boards and have bench tested the unit off the boat with the same results.

I was given the contact details provided for Kevin Wadsworth (see post #2) but the numbers are dead. I'm looking for a repairer in the north of England if possible, and would be grateful for suggestions.

We had that once with our Multiplus 24/3000/70, eventually rebooted it by disconnected completely from batteries and 240v for a couple of mins and it's been fine ever since.

Would have though Victron themselves ideally, failing that there's a company in Tamworth called Sellweb, a web search will turn up their contact details.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Thanks. I will have a look. I don't believe that there are any UK repair facilities listed on the Victron website.

We had that once with our Multiplus 24/3000/70, eventually rebooted it by disconnected completely from batteries and 240v for a couple of mins and it's been fine ever since.

The inverter is isolated most of the time, so unfortunately it's not that simple. sick.gif