Keeping Up in 2010

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

Well I hope you have the most horrendous hangovers!

Pah! Having all this fun whilst we're stuck back at w**k after our grand adventure?

Shouldn't ought to be allowed!

Big hugs to Bones and please tell her many thanks for the maggots....I caught my biggest ever rudd using them!

We had an absolutely amazing time on our cruise with you in May, which makes it all the harder to be stuck here on dry land.

Janet x x

Edited by Janet S

We discovered an interesting feature of our cask of Wadworths; if you keep turning the tap at the bottom, beer keeps on coming out of it. In order to test this feature we had to keep on drinking the resultant filled glasses, with the unfortunate result that the beer has now all gone. Oh dear.

On a more cheerful note, we are now in Lechlade and have discovered that the Crown pub at the end of Halfpenny Bridge now has its own micro-brewery. An excellent range of beers they have too.

Yesterday's rain was a bit torrential at times, so I wasn't surprised that the river had come up a bit overnight. At the first lock we came to there was no sign of the locky (I think he was away playing with his weir) so we had to get off the boat and "self-serve", which meant putting boots on because the landing below the lock was under the water. Some of the tighter bends up here were very hard work, but now we are moored below Halfpenny bridge and for some reason the cows are licking the paintwork and windows of the boat.

Hi, currently in Oxford heading for Lechlade, will keep eyes open!

Hi Tim, saw you this morning but didn't read the post until just now so didn't know it was you (lucky we waved anyway).

It made a nice change to have nearly all the meadow at Lechlade to ourselves. Also a change - we fought our way upstream against a significant current - but only a day later the river was 18" lower and had virtually no flow on it to wash us back downstream.

Anyway we've stopped at Eynsham now, having heard that Duke's cut is closed after a tree fell down across it yesterday, and we've opened a bottle of wine and lit the stove against the chilly wind. In the morning we'll pootle down to King's Lock and see if we can find out when it'll be re-opened - otherwise we've got to go all the way down to Osney and back up the Sheepwash channel (baa-baa-splash)

i wont see you tonight as i am in hospital. Should be out tomorrow but i think you will have left for northern pastures where there be dragons. I will look forward to your return here later in the year!

i wont see you tonight as i am in hospital. Should be out tomorrow but i think you will have left for northern pastures where there be dragons. I will look forward to your return here later in the year!

Oh no. Bones, are you OK?

Richard

Oh no. Bones, are you OK?

Richard

Should be. I had an itch on my hand that took a stroll with swell and red up my arm so i have been attached to anti biotics. I felt fine until i ate 2 puddings.

Should be home tomorrow if it continues to mend. A day late to see keepingup! Pah

Duke's cut was re-opened at lunchtime today, after the EA got fed up with waiting for BW to clear the blockage and sent their own team in this morning.

We're moored right outside the Jolly Boatman, and having booked ourselves a meal tomorrow night we'll be staying until Sunday morning so there's a chance we may see you anyway, if they let you out of hospital. Do get well soon!

Blimey Allan, is it becoming your local?

Have a pint for me!!

It's beginning to seem that way. But tonight is the last night here until at least the middle of August (before which time we'll have been down to Peterborough and across the Middle Level to the Great Ouse).

All the same, I'll be delighted to have a pint for you - shall I just ask them to put it on your tab?

Can I come too?

It was good to meet you here yesterday - shame you were driving so couldn't help us finish the cask of Swordfish!

Edited by Keeping Up

It's beginning to seem that way. But tonight is the last night here until at least the middle of August (before which time we'll have been down to Peterborough and across the Middle Level to the Great Ouse).

All the same, I'll be delighted to have a pint for you - shall I just ask them to put it on your tab?

It was good to meet you here yesterday - shame you were driving so couldn't help us finish the cask of Swordfish!

Yes good to meet you both as well.

I could have sat there all night, well nearly. Swordfish is a bit moorish as I mentioned last night. We are now home,boat ready for our friends who are enjoying our pride and joy for a week.

We will meet again.

Martyn and Margaret

But tonight is the last night here until at least the middle of August (before which time we'll have been down to Peterborough and across the Middle Level to the Great Ouse).

Are you going to detour via Ramsey and the unfashionable end of the Middle Level?

MP.