KEDIAN

Featured Posts

When I joined the forum it was with a desire to play an active part in this online community I have never hidden my canal based buisness from you but my motives have been to offer help and advice in the areas that I know well ther are many opinions I know but this is a good place to explore them I have often posted in responce to recomendations for my work I have benifited from being on this forum in terms of work but have also offered help to members outside the forum I am sorry if I have offended anyone or broken any rules should I stop posting catch the last stage out of town it is hard to seperate my work life and normal everday things. Please let me know your many varied opinions best wishes Martin Kedian

Edited by Martin Kedian

When I joined the forum it was with a desire to play an active part in this online community I have never hidden my canal based buisness from you but my motives have been to offer help and advice in the areas that I know well ther are many opinions I know but this is a good place to explore them I have often posted in responce to recomendations for my work I have benifited from being on this forum in terms of work but have also offered help to members outside the forum I am sorry if I have offended anyone or broken any rules should I stop posting catch the last stage out of town it is hard to seperate my work life and normal everday things. Please let me know your many varied opinions best wishes Martin Kedian

Martin

May I ask what has prompted this post

I like yourself and others offer our professional advice on here freely, yes we make a sale or two out of it but thats life

We help more than we sell ............

Chris

Hi Chris just a desire to be transparent on the forum I often feel unsure how to respond to posts which hat to wear etc perhaps we could have a list of recomended tradespeople recomended by others Regards Martin

Not a very subtle effort at advertising is it :lol:

For me, you and your opinions (especially in your area of expertise) are very welcome and make a valuable contribution to the forum.

There are a range of business owners on this forum, some of who's posts I pay very serious attention to.

These I actively seek out, as an expert offering their opinion in response to a query is pefectly acceptable.

(eg. Gibbo, Phil Speight etc) In some cases I have been very grateful for the advice given.

In my opinion though what is not acceptable, is when a topic is started or post made which effectively amounts to a blatant business advert or press release.

One of these was started yesterday but has now been closed.

Edited by andywatson

I'm wondering if I prompted this posting by mentioning you in a thread where advertising was questioned. Just in case that is true...

Martin,

As far as I am concerned you have never pretended to be anything other than what you are. You have been quite open and honest about being in the welding and fabrication business and have never set out to mislead anyone about what you do. I, personally, think that the way you post is exactly right for this forum and cannot see any reason for you to stop. You are a useful guy to have on here.

There have been problems in the past with posters coming on here and promoting some product as though they were customers of a business, only for it to become clear that they were actually advertising by stealth. To me that is dishonest and deceitful. You are neither of these things.

As Proper Job says, good luck to you Martin and keep posting.

Richard

There are many professional traders/engineers/painters/electricians etc on here. And it's probably a better place for it. If everyone knows a certain poster is (or represents a) particular company I don't see an issue. As long as it isn't hidden. Most people know who I am. Most people know who Gary is, and Baldy, and Phil etc etc etc

I think problems start when someone pretends to be "just another boater" but is in fact trying to promote a business. It sticks out a mile. My cat could spot it. I've never seen OP do that.

Gibbo

There are many professional traders/engineers/painters/electricians etc on here. And it's probably a better place for it. If everyone knows a certain poster is (or represents a) particular company I don't see an issue. As long as it isn't hidden. Most people know who I am. Most people know who Gary is, and Baldy, and Phil etc etc etc

I think problems start when someone pretends to be "just another boater" but is in fact trying to promote a business. It sticks out a mile. My cat could spot it. I've never seen OP do that.

Gibbo

Just modified my sig !!!!

Chris

Actually - speaking as one who is not in any trade connected with boats - I particularly value the comments of you lot who are, at least I feel you might know what you are on about in any particular field. In fact I think it would be really handy to know who does what in the boating world so we can actively seek your help, and if necessary employ your services. By virtue of the fact we are all on this forum it actually promotes trust in your area of expertise. I see no problem with this at all. By the way, what is your area? You are so well advertised - that I have completely missed it! Now, if anyone needs a face painter for their children's party......................... :lol:

Oh that's a coincidence !!!!

can you advise me if my Baby Belling cooker is suitable to wire up through 35 PP9 tesco value batterys to cook my smoked salmon blinis

That's too many. You need 26 of them otherwise the heating element may burn out.