Splash Page Photo

Featured Posts

I'll third it!

I've recently bought myself a new camera, and am having great fun entering the monthly photography competitions on the angling site that I frequent when I'm not on here...

Janet

• 3 months later...

I'll echo that bump!

It would be great to get the photography section going again.

Heffalump has offered to help, and I'd also be willing to assist if necessary.

In its simplest form, what about a "Photo of the Day" thread, followed by a poll at the end of the week/month? It works very well on one of my other forums.

Janet

I've actually contacted Jon via PM with a link to this thread, offering my services to update the main page and to also keep it upto date on a regular basis. Jon is a very busy guy so I guess we'll have to wait to see what he comes back with but I will update this thread...

Liam.

The problem all fell about when Jon got to busy to run the photo comp and for some reason I couldnt update gallery sections to add a new one for the new month even though i should be able to. That has to be done manually and you then have to update the home page.

Hence for the time being sadly ive mearly removed the date from the homepage and leave it at that for now.

Daniel

Guest TowpathTownie
I've actually contacted Jon via PM with a link to this thread, offering my services to update the main page and to also keep it upto date on a regular basis. Jon is a very busy guy so I guess we'll have to wait to see what he comes back with but I will update this thread...

Liam.

Doesn't take that long to update websites in my experience. Seems this site has been left purely as a forum and nothing else on the front end.

I didn't miss that point :lol:

In which case you will agree that when Jon has the time to :

either delegate

sort it out himself

flog the forum rights to somebody else

Then the splash will be changed

until then no amount of winging will alter it

anyway its a forum based site and always has been

Chris

Guest TowpathTownie

I'm not whinging Chris and I'm not the one suggesting it should be altered :lol:

According to public statistics, Jon hasn't posted on here since Mar 18 2009. For a site owner/administrator that's pretty limited isn't it.

I'm not whinging Chris and I'm not the one suggesting it should be altered :lol:

According to public statistics, Jon hasn't posted on here since Mar 18 2009. For a site owner/administrator that's pretty limited isn't it.

He still pays the bills, therefore:::::::

Chris

( off to bed cos I am knackered)

Nite all

He may not post regularly, but he does keep an eye on things...

Therefore what? It's ok to let a site fester?

I wouldn't say that this site was exactly festering....!

It seems to tick over quite nicely.

Janet

He may not post regularly, but he does keep an eye on things...

I wouldn't say that this site was exactly festering....!

It seems to tick over quite nicely.

Janet

I'll definatly second that. most people probably come here for the forum or blogs so it's doing quite nicely.

Therefore what? It's ok to let a site fester?

Considering your comments about this site here, and elsewhere, I do wonder why you bother with it at all.

This is by far the most popular inland waterways forum and, probably, the most popular canal site of any kind, after Waterscape.

People slag it off but even its critics keep coming back.

Jon must be doing something right.

It is worth noting that Sam, too, has abandoned his front page, concentrating on the forum.

Guest TowpathTownie
Considering your comments about this site here, and elsewhere, I do wonder why you bother with it at all.

This is by far the most popular inland waterways forum and, probably, the most popular canal site of any kind, after Waterscape.

People slag it off but even its critics keep coming back.

Jon must be doing something right.

It is worth noting that Sam, too, has abandoned his front page, concentrating on the forum.

There's a heap of excellent information here Carl, that's why I came back :lol:

There's a heap of excellent information here Carl, that's why I came back :lol:

I agree but you do seem to have a habit of commenting on, what you perceive to be, the bad bits.

Is there any reason why a photo thread couldn't be set up and, at the end of the month, a poll thread be posted, to vote on a favourite.

That way those of us who haven't seen the front page, in years, would get to see the entries.