Lidl Bargain LED Bulbs and re-chargeable batteries

Byeckerslike

Featured Posts

That's not bad for a retail outlet, but you can buy 20 led mr16 from many ebay sellers at around £2.60 each delivered when buying ten. Also 18 an 20 led bulbs really aren't bright enough, nowhere near a 20w halogens output. to come anywhere near the halogen you need at least 30 led's You can get 38 led bulbs on e-bay for less than a fiver. I did purchase some warmwhite led's from a Hong Kong seller last year, 30 led and a really nice tone of light which mimics the slight Yellowish tint of halogens, the seller doesn't seem to do these in MR16 anymore though which is a shame, but has them in GU 11 and other fitments.

Hi all,

Lidl are now selling MR16 18 LED 1.2W bulbs for £3.90 each. They're also selling re-chargeable NI-MH batteries @ £2.92 per pack, the AA's are 2500mAh and come in 4 to a pack, the D cells are twin packs and are rated at 4,500mAh

Rob

Are they 240v AC or 12 V DC LEDs?

Hi all,

Lidl are now selling MR16 18 LED 1.2W bulbs for £3.90 each. They're also selling re-chargeable NI-MH batteries @ £2.92 per pack, the AA's are 2500mAh and come in 4 to a pack, the D cells are twin packs and are rated at 4,500mAh

Rob

Hi,

I got a couple, anyone know how to determine which is the + and neg on the bulb or doesn't it matter?

Thanks.

Keith

been to three stores and been told ,sorry all gone.

It is the same with lots of these so called special lines at lidl , i think a few stores around the country might get a couple of the items each and thats about it.

been to three stores and been told ,sorry all gone.

It is the same with lots of these so called special lines at lidl , i think a few stores around the country might get a couple of the items each and thats about it.

That's a shame, for I bought six from my local store in Leamington Spa

Rob

Today instore i picked up next weeks flyer, on offer is a very useful LED 12v tube light for under a tenner.

This item is for sale on Monday 23rd Feb, i purchased one last year & its proved worthwhile on the boat & also at home during power cuts.

They tend to sell out very quick as similar items sell for near on £20.

Today i purchased two LED wind-up torches (can be charged from supplied mains adaptor) & i will keep these in the boot of the cars as im fed up needing a torch that has flat batteries!!

These torches were under a tenner & selling fast.

Today i purchased two LED wind-up torches (can be charged from supplied mains adaptor) & i will keep these in the boot of the cars as im fed up needing a torch that has flat batteries!!

I can't understand why anybody needs a torch that has flat batteries! I have several, if you need them.

These torches were under a tenner & selling fast.

Robert Dyas do an excellent wind up LED torch at half that price, (£4.99). We bought one for the boat, and one for each car, and I'm impressed how long they burn for very little winding, and how bright they are too.

Admittedly you can't charge from the mains, but as 1 to 2 mins winding gives 30 to 60 mins of light (typically), that hardly seems any great loss.

I don't know who else sells them at such a low price, but definitely a real torch, and not a gimmick. Recommended! They do a more expensive one too (about £8), which can be stood on the ground, and has a swivel head to direct the beam. Not tried it, but should be as good.

I can't understand why anybody needs a torch that has flat batteries! I have several, if you need them.

Robert Dyas do an excellent wind up LED torch at half that price, (£4.99). We bought one for the boat, and one for each car, and I'm impressed how long they burn for very little winding, and how bright they are too.

Admittedly you can't charge from the mains, but as 1 to 2 mins winding gives 30 to 60 mins of light (typically), that hardly seems any great loss.

I don't know who else sells them at such a low price, but definitely a real torch, and not a gimmick. Recommended! They do a more expensive one too (about £8), which can be stood on the ground, and has a swivel head to direct the beam. Not tried it, but should be as good.

I'm after some wind up led's who's Robert Dyas There's a trevor Baylis one that's also shock proof and water proof and floats, about 20 quid though.

Edited to say now cheaper

http://www.just-green.com/2157/Trevor-Bayl...agic-Torch.html

I like this one as it charges up mobile phones too. I still think it's pricy, and the 4.99 one might be just as good.

Edited by Julynian

Hi

Just read this post

and LEDS here i come!!!!, I need 25 of them.

can anyone tell me how many LEDS I need to give the equivelent light of a 10 watt normal MR16 bulb please.

Theres MR16 20 LCD bulbs for sale on ebay Like to be able to buy them but dont want to go any bigger as the boat could be too bright.

Col

Hi

Just read this post

and LEDS here i come!!!!, I need 25 of them.

can anyone tell me how many LEDS I need to give the equivelent light of a 10 watt normal MR16 bulb please.

Theres MR16 20 LCD bulbs for sale on ebay Like to be able to buy them but dont want to go any bigger as the boat could be too bright.

Col

10 watt halogens are quite hard to get hold of, well I couldn't find any when looking some years ago. a 20 LED bulb would be close to a 10w you'll need a good minimum 30 led bulb to get anywhere near a 20 watt halogen. Also the light is completely different a very white Blue colour, quite cold looking. There are led's you can get from chinese sellers which are warmlight which mimic halogens really well. We have 24 of these throughout the boat i think they are 40led but could be 30 Ample soft light anyway. Luxon LEd's are a softer light also ultrabright single LED but up around 9 quid each.

ceilingloungegalleydiner.jpg

i'ts difficult to appreciate from a photo, but here's one anyway. There's another recent thread on LED's where i posted the link where to buy the warmlight type from e-bay seller.

The e-bay ones are just over a fiver each with 40LED's

Edited by Julynian

2009_0117exfire9feb0003.jpg

can anyone say what the correct size of bulb this is ,mr 16 i have picked up to look at in shop seem to be twice the size of this .

the size code or marks on the back are unreadable even with magitying glass.

Edited by gaggle

2009_0117exfire9feb0003.jpg

can anyone say what the correct size of bulb this is ,mr 16 i have picked up to look at in shop seem to be twice the size of this .

the size code or marks on the back are unreadable even with magitying glass.

I would say that's a MR10, the backs of MR10's are different to MR16's as well.

2009_0222exfire9feb0003.jpg

the same bulb ,snapped pins of for connection , would i just need to qoute the size MR 10 if i am looking for led replacements.

Sorry not MR10 GU 10 However the bulb you have with the 50p looks like the back of a MR16 so maybe it is a MR16 is it 10 watts btw

I'm not on the boat and have no bulbs here.

This is what the pins look like on the GU10

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GU10-LED-Warm-White-...A1%7C240%3A1308

If the pins were straight with no nibs on the end then it's a MR16