Marina/Online Berthing Coats

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Hi

We moor online adjacent to private farm land. We don't have many facilities available. No power, water if we move 200 mtrs near to tap, car parking thats about it.

Very happy where we are.

The "landlord", if this is the correct term, has just announced the the mooring fees are to remain the same for this year.

Anyone got a different or similar story to tell.

We can then get a feel of whats happening.

Martyn

Hi

We moor online adjacent to private farm land. We don't have many facilities available. No power, water if we move 200 mtrs near to tap, car parking thats about it.

Very happy where we are.

The "landlord", if this is the correct term, has just announced the the mooring fees are to remain the same for this year.

Martyn

Hi,

Our mooring fees have been reduced by 2.5% (Comrade Brown's VAT Reduction).

Ours (marina) are up 5%, which seems to be an annual theme, unfortunately.

But we are probably in an area where demand is greater than supply.

Hi,

Long term annual theme - it was the same each year during the 90's when I was in there.

Leo.

Ours (marina) are up 5%, which seems to be an annual theme, unfortunately.

But we are probably in an area where demand is greater than supply.

Alan guess if you include the VAT reduction that is a 7.5% increase.

As a CCer I think my costs this year should reduce biggest cost is diesel and hopefully this year it should be a lot less.

Alan guess if you include the VAT reduction that is a 7.5% increase.

To be fair, I'll need to check if they have taken the VAT reduction off.

My notification, and change to the standing order came before Mr Brown's generosity, so it's possible I'll see an effective increase still of the advised 5%.

I never quite know what to think, as it's a highly priced mooring, not brimming with facilties, (particularly whilst taps and Elsan point remain frozen!), but is massively convenient and secure.

Given BW's increases on licence and moorings seem to way outstrip inflation, I suppose 5% per annum could be worse. They certainly don't seem to operate with spare berths, so it seems the market can stand what they are charging, (now about £2,700 for 50 feet :lol: ).

Mine went up - £850 to £1000.

Mostly because the owner of my moorings is cutting back at what is left of his old and tired hire fleet, and needs more income...

Cutting back?

Didn't he do that a few years back? He cut back from 10 to 4 boats, with a stated intention of closing down eventually.

Hi

Very happy where we are.

Martyn

Up 7% (on-line, offside mooring with car parking nearby). The increase was announced before the VAT cut but my landlord's invoices are somewhat unclear as far as VAT is concerned anyway.