60/40 / set price / you choose

valrene9600

Featured Posts

Swanley Marina on Llangollen will let you declare as you want but pump is set at £1.05 they tell me this is 0.81 ppl using 60/40 don,t have the strength to do the maths as I have cruised for 3 hours today.....

It's actually 79ppl (without the additional duty) at a 60/40 split, so fill up beore they realise their error! (See my spreadsheet)

Chris

We cruised up to Barton Turns yesterday to get some diesel.

They have a sign up at the entrance 'Diesel 66p - 108p/litre'

The office have a computer set up that prints out a declaration

for you upon which you provide name and address, name and

license number of your boat.

I then declared that 60% would be used for domestic (that

is a rough calculation based on my experience of running our

Kabola E3 for central heating) and they gave me a printed

invoice with the breakdown (60% at 66p and 40% at 108p).

I won't be buying any diesel from a supplier unless they offer

this declaration process.

Cheers

Will

Fair comment, but let's be sure to remember this is a matter of law --- not the whim of individual fuel retailers. We should all have a mind to report to HMRC any retailers not complying with the rules. There has to be a suspicion they are working a fiddle if they are not complying.

Mike.

Marinas asking me to choose are quite clearly putting the responsibility on MY shoulders for what could be examined by HM Customs and lead to penalties if they don't like my reasoning.

Surely it's not going off at a tangent to ask what forumites have decided to state and why?

Marinas asking me to choose are quite clearly putting the responsibility on MY shoulders for what could be examined by HM Customs and lead to penalties if they don't like my reasoning.

Surely it's not going off at a tangent to ask what forumites have decided to state and why?

There is another thread, with a poll, for this purpose.

The responsibility is yours, though. How do the suppliers know how you use your diesel?

Edited to say: found the link:

Clicky

Just had a thousand litres of deisel delivered for home heating. The cost of this is 47.2 pence per litre. This is 6p per litre more than last year at this times delivery price. I understand the price might drop further but needs must.

Obviously this is heating rather than boat fuel. Still, thought you might be interested in the trend and the cost of this red stuff as opposed to that brought for boats.

Not to bad, 2 pages since i started this thread and just a few naughty guys. The idea is that perhaps we can print this off and it will help everyone.

Just a reminder only list suppliers terms. If you want to say anything else start another topic.

Thankyou

Is it in order for an OP to try to dictate the direction which a thread takes? Isn't a thread rather like a conversation, where one thing leads to another? And if rules are to be imposed, shouldn't it be by the moderators?

Is it in order for an OP to try to dictate the direction which a thread takes? Isn't a thread rather like a conversation, where one thing leads to another? And if rules are to be imposed, shouldn't it be by the moderators?

I agree with what you say. In this instance I thought it would be helpfull to be able to scroll through a few pages that would contain lots of info on each page rather than perhaps dozens of pages with little info on each.

it was just an idea but sorry if you are narked in any way, no offence intended and no intention of changing the operation of a good boaters site.

EDIT

Personaly as i have no printer on board i`m writing a list to use on my journey as i c/c around the system.

Edited by valrene9600

An article in Narrowboatworld, (always accurate!), says locations operated by British Waterways Marinas Limited, (BWML), will now accept the boater's self declaration of any percentage.

That of course contradicts the article of a few weeks ago when they said they wouldn't.

Cow Roast Marina - Grand Union

Although they will sell you any split you declare, they are now saying the minimum they will supply is 35 litres.

Whether this is to do anything with those who regularly come and fill a 25 litre Jerry can I can't say.

Prices are a disappointing 79p for non propulsion, 122p for propulsion.

We bought 60 litres from the DIY shop in Saxilby. They will sell it at any split as long as you sign the decleration.

The prices where 69p for domestic and £1.12 for propulsion.

We just stuck to the 60/40 split but they did ask if we wanted a different ratio.