favicon.ico suggestion...

twocvbloke

Featured Posts

Just a little doodle I did to replace that default logo up there in the address, it's basic, but it looks better than, well, whatever that is (a V? an M? a W???)!!! :lol:

I think the original icon location would be under web server root\forums\favicon.ico, just swap them over and that's that... :lol:

I put it here if you want to have a look:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/citroen2cv/canal/favicon.ico

:lol:

in your html header add the following.

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="http://urltoicon/including/folders/it/might/be/in/favicon.ico" />

edit the href to suite how your site is set up.

Edited by grahoom

• 10 months later...
Just a little doodle I did to replace that default logo up there in the address, it's basic, but it looks better than, well, whatever that is (a V? an M? a W???)!!! :lol:

I think the original icon location would be under web server root\forums\favicon.ico, just swap them over and that's that... :lol:

I put it here if you want to have a look:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/citroen2cv/canal/favicon.ico

I'm sorry but that is completely unacceptable. It shows a trad stern and our boat has a cruiser stern. Please lengthen it and add the rails and maybe it would be OK.

Richard

• 1 month later...

You are right, the light blue 'v' logo is the default invision logo rather than our own work.

Im happy to change this to a custom CWDF favicon, such as the one suggested, although im slightly hesitant to use an image of a narrowboat as we do try to welcome all canal users. Perhaps a lockgate would be more apt? The letters CWDF or CDF?

Answers on a postcard.

Daniel

• 5 months later...
I have replaced the ibp favicon with a modified 'lock' version of the same colour.

If this is to peoples liking it can stay otherwise it could be changed or reverted.

Daniel

Note that you probably won't see the change 'till you clear your browsers cache :lol:

Dan, it looks a bit like a road sign to me (sharp bend on a motorway :lol: )

Edited by Rick-n-Jo

The little blue square icon'y bob.

- Appears on the head of your tabs (opera, firebox etc) as well as in favorites lists (hence fav. icon) and shortcuts.

Very small change, but if nothing else makes cwdf tabs look different to the IPB community forums tabs while i have lots of both open.

Its possible you have the previous version cached although i must say opera changed them all out on the first new loaded page.

Daniel

Note that you probably won't see the change 'till you clear your browsers cache :lol:

Well I've tried all "clear cache" and "clear recent history" options I can fid (Firefox 3.5) and still get a V.

Mind you, I was moaning that dan had taken my "V" away, so I suppose I can't complain!

EDIT

I suppose it was inevitable if I said that, it would then change!

Now get the "sharp right hand bend" chevrons!

Edited by alan_fincher