Crick Boat show..Are you going?

Mr Who

Featured Posts

Yup - we will be going.

This year will be a very different experience for us as we have agreed to let our builder use our boat as an Exhibition Boat. As the Bank Holiday approaches I'm beginning to wonder what we have let ourselves in for -particularly given the weather forecast - my 10 day forecast site is giving showers all the way

my 10 day forecast site is giving showers all the way

Most forecasters have enough trouble telling you what the weather is going to be like tomorrow - let alone in ten days time!

Think We will be going on saturday (boating the rest of the weekend)

Not me, I begrudge paying £8.00 or so to gain entry to what amounts to shops/boat builders exibitions. You can see the boats for free is you go direct to the builders! And who's ever heard of having to pay to go into a shop. I know a lot more goes on a crick but it still seems a little steep

Gary

Guest st170dw
'Fraid not - working :D  :D

20556[/snapback]

Frayed knots are not good on boats :) I hope to make it at some time over the weekend but there is the trailboat rally here in Chesterfield and I would like to do some actual boating too - decisions, decisions!

Not me, I begrudge paying £8.00 or so to gain entry to what amounts to shops/boat builders exibitions. You can see the boats for free is you go direct to the builders! And who's ever heard of having to pay to go into a shop. I know a lot more goes on a crick but it still seems a little steep

Gary

20447[/snapback]

You think that's dear you should see what they try to charge you to exhibit at the UK's "premier" show! I can think of cheaper and equally effective methods of selling boats including just building good boats.

Gary

I could well imagine Gary. Others may think I am being tight fisted but its the priciple of the thing that gets me. Its the same with the boat jumbles where you have to pay (not for parking) to get in to view 'shops'. Just a scam if you ask me and usually just the same old stands whichever you visit.

Gary

Much as I would like to go (if only to 'steal' ideams for my boat) I am going to be slaving at Alvecote Marina fitting out my boat. Next year perhaps. Off topic but thanks to all the contributors to threads on questions I would have asked.

Tony

Much as I would like to go (if only to 'steal' ideams for my boat) I am going to be slaving at Alvecote Marina fitting out my boat.  Next year perhaps.  Off topic but thanks to all the contributors to threads on questions I would have asked.

Tony

20726[/snapback]

Off-Topic.gif maybe butWelcome.gif to the forum,

Edited by bottle

We are going on Saturday by car ....then sunday off for a weeks boating as school hols.

Went last year and thought it was good but then I am easily pleased as long as there are boats to oggle :D

Also take the opportunity to pick up some stuff at better prices than normal.

Lets hope the weather is good.

PS I don't begrudge the entrance fee and think they have done a good job previously.

I did think the Birmingham show was a load of tosh and wont bother with that again for £15 quid!

:)