Crick Boat show..Are you going?

Mr Who

Featured Posts

Just got home last night in time for the show.

We are going on Saturday.

I'll probably be in the beer tent about 1ish.

I'll be wearing my boat hat (blue baseball cap with "Just Sublime" on it.

Colin

Look out for me ... if sunny weather, green sunglasses and straw hat (not a boater LOL) with fake flowers in it, if raining, umbrella with cats and dogs on it. I'm going to try and find time today to print off the canalworld logo that was kindly providid in the old thread on this subject, and attach that to something or other...

PS for added identification possibilities, see my photo in my profile, but be aware that it if it's a hot day I will have my hair tied up.

But of course you may wish to simply avoid me ... :D

I went yesterday, saw Nigel Carton in the tent by the dry docked boats by the refreshment tents. Didn't say hello though as I've only been on this forum for a couple of weeks and he wouldn't know who I was!!

I was very interested in those boats on display. Did anyone see the part finished one in red primer? What firm produced that? The workmanship on it was terrible! There was a gorgeous one further up with a dead modern open plan interior with black kitchen worksurfaces. Gorgeous.

Good day, great to be able to browse around loads of boats in various stages of completion and differing designs.

Edited by Steve Lockett

rest assured i looked.i must have checked wrong beer place.i had to stay where the music stage was ,for the pasties not the beer van.i wished i had got the train because i am a tea head when driving and the tea was a squid a go,alright ,but i think i had about 20 cups.i tried to picture you and the picture in me head said you would be there watching the fiddler do her stuff.i think six bottles of wine is a bit over the top :blush::lol::lol:

I went yesterday, saw Nigel Carton in the tent by the dry docked boats by the refreshment tents. Didn't say hello though as I've only been on this forum for a couple of weeks and he wouldn't know who I was!!

Steve, consider your self b*****ked! next time say hello!!!! :blush:

Nigel

rest assured i looked.i must have checked wrong beer place.i had to stay where the music stage was ,for the pasties not the beer van.i wished i had got the train because i am a tea head when driving and the tea was a squid a go,alright ,but i think i had about 20 cups.i tried to picture you and the picture in me head said you would be there watching the fiddler do her stuff.i think six bottles of wine is a bit over the top :blush:  :lol:  :lol:

21335[/snapback]

Ah well, another time... Any place if there's real ale, that's where you'll find me, never mind what else is on offer!

real ale eh.no one ever ever made ale as real as my ole fella,i was discussing with friends how when the boat is in the water home brew should be pretty close to if not top of the list of things to do.it is some years ago we brewed it with my ole fella but i swear i can taste it now if i close my eyes,ah years and years ago.my nickname at the time was corky,always on the end of a bottle. :blush:

Sunny & Breezy: warm up the bike, we're off to Crick!

If a blue Triumph flashes pastt you on the A51/A5..............

21028[/snapback]

HI Dor

Ha, Ha, spot the bike yeah right, thousands of them on there way to Silverstone :blush: Any more jokes like that.