You live on a boat.

Whitewater

Featured Posts

Funny, I know quite a few females who would love to live on boats (well they profess to at any rate). Like ourselves they have had enough of the rat race, or clinging families, or they just want peace to have a nervos breakdown without interruption.

I reply to a previous comment, I suspect women have cleared up more excrement than many men. In fact the older woman is more likey to 'rough it' than the youngsters, who cant be away from a hair salon, running water, or permanently on-tap phone. Mind you very few modern women would even contemplate a camping holiday....David

Wasn't that the other Rose?

Roses are like Chrisses, on here. There are so many of them that they just become one amorphous lump, to me (with apologies to any Chrisses who are offended at being mistaken for others!).

Edited to say: I've just checked and there are 9 members with Rose in their name and 25 with Chris so I've no excuse for the error (but it would have been funny if the right Rose had made the Listerene comment...)

Edited by carlt

Perhaps the original poster should try a website such as 'plentyoffish.com' and make sure he lists boats, canals, narrowboats amongst his interests, have spoken to several girls/women who seem to share the interests. I'm sure there are plenty of other sites

Oh as for advertising in WW or CB or other dedicated boating mags, don't think so. I think the women would go for a less specific publication, problem is I cant think of one.....duh

[

Perhaps the original poster should try a website such as 'plentyoffish.com' and make sure he lists boats, canals, narrowboats amongst his interests, have spoken to several girls/women who seem to share the interests. I'm sure there are plenty of other sites

Oh as for advertising in WW or CB or other dedicated boating mags, don't think so. I think the women would go for a less specific publication, problem is I cant think of one.....duh

Has anyone here actually, or does anyone know anyone who has advertised or responded to those personal ads in WW?

I wonder what it led to. Marital bliss, nice friendship, sulking, tantrums.(or some combination theroff)

Now's your chance..............

It's got to be better than reading about galvanic isolators and the merits of cassestte versus pump-out toilets.

Now come on.

Don't be shy. You are among friends.

Edited by andywatson

I've only met one guy who lived on and NB that I fancied. He had personal hygine issues though. I'm far from a clean freak but just because you live on an NB doesnt mean you shouldnt wash. blegh!

I think most of my friends would entertain the idea of a boating fella, but then most of them are outdoorsy types anyway. Maybe you could go to a few related classes or something where like minded ladies may be.

As for the ads, I dont think i would ever ever ever reply to one of them. One blind date in my life was one to many.

I have a theory: stop looking. :)

I'm a great believer that when you're not looking for a partner, and so are busy enjoying your own company and your own independence someone finds you.

:D

And puts an end to that !!! :)

I've only met one guy who lived on and NB that I fancied. He had personal hygine issues though. I'm far from a clean freak but just because you live on an NB doesnt mean you shouldnt wash. blegh!

I think most of my friends would entertain the idea of a boating fella, but then most of them are outdoorsy types anyway. Maybe you could go to a few related classes or something where like minded ladies may be.

As for the ads, I dont think i would ever ever ever reply to one of them. One blind date in my life was one to many.

Have you met Magnetman?

Roses are like Chrisses, on here. There are so many of them that they just become one amorphous lump, to me (with apologies to any Chrisses who are offended at being mistaken for others!).

Oi - I resemble that remark.

Bugger ....I've just gone and blown any hope of finding a man with a big Woolwich in his pocket.

I tried a blind date once as well. I am still in therapy and that was four years ago, it's giving me the shakes just thinking about it. All my friends find it funny, one even kept the text message I sent, she reads it when ever she is down as she says it cheers her up. I try and bring happiness to all even if I had to suffer to get there. As for waiting as others have suggested, how long is a piece of string. As for the point I was trying to make, not all the people are based on the River and so when you mention boat, thats when they take the step back