I.P.S. Problem

Featured Posts

Sorry guys, server problems out of my hands, there was a power outage for the main server and the UPS didn't kick in, causing the servers to restart and some data integrity issues. All resolved now though, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Jon

Sorry guys, server problems out of my hands, there was a power outage for the main server and the UPS didn't kick in, causing the servers to restart and some data integrity issues. All resolved now though, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Jon

Ahh the often used classic understatement !!!

Chris

Many thanks,

Jon

I didn't understand a word of that!

Janet

There was a power cut (power outage)and the back up generator/batteries (UPS, Uninterrupted Power Supply) failed to start.

Causing the server (big computer) to restart (like you do when the computer stops working correctly), some data integrity loss, computer got confused and put things where it couldn't find them.

Edited by bottle

There was a power cut (power outage)and the back up generator/batteries (UPS, Uninterrupted Power Supply) failed to start.

Causing the server (big computer) to restart (like you do when the computer stops working correctly), some data integrity loss, computer got confused and put things where it couldn't find them.

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Ian