Boat on Train

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

Boarding a train at Leeds recently to travel to my mooring at Sowerby Bridge I was amazed (and rather chuffed) to see a picture of my boat on the side. Passers-by nodded understandingly seeing on my knees on the platform with a camera, gibbering "Thats my boat! That's my boat!" Apparently the picture of Sowerby Bridge Basin is one of the local scenes featured on several Northern trains in the area.

Apologies for inflicting my childish delight on others - I should have grown out of this at least 50 years ago. But has anyone else unexpectedly come across a picture of their boat on public display?

And here it is (I hope):

Mac

boatontrainch2.jpg

Boarding a train at Leeds recently to travel to my mooring at Sowerby Bridge I was amazed (and rather chuffed) to see a picture of my boat on the side. Passers-by nodded understandingly seeing on my knees on the platform with a camera, gibbering "Thats my boat! That's my boat!" Apparently the picture of Sowerby Bridge Basin is one of the local scenes featured on several Northern trains in the area.

Apologies for inflicting my childish delight on others - I should have grown out of this at least 50 years ago. But has anyone else unexpectedly come across a picture of their boat on public display?

And here it is (I hope):

Mac

boatontrainch2.jpg

Charge them accordingly for the image, that you have created!!

Charge them accordingly for the image, that you have created!!

Unfortunately I don't own the image, only the boat. Trevor, the guy who appears in the picture on the back of his nearby boat, has made strenuous attempts to find out who took the picture, in order to get a copy, but has met with a complete blank from the 'Customer Service Department' of Northern Trains.

Mac

Our ex share boat was in Waterways World.

We were well chuffed... :unsure:

My site was also in Clicking On Canals twice.. once being site of the month.. if anyone wanted to know :rolleyes::D:D

But has anyone else unexpectedly come across a picture of their boat on public display?

Lucy has to be one of the most photographed Narrowboats around but I still get a thrill (and a new book) whenever I see a new one published. In contrast, I have yet to find a photograph of Usk, apart from a couple a previous owner sent me.

I think the best bit of information I've ever received about any of my boats came today, though, by pm from fellow member Bargemast, who told me that my lifeboat, during it's years in service, saved 78 lives.

Lucy has to be one of the most photographed Narrowboats around but I still get a thrill (and a new book) whenever I see a new one published. In contrast, I have yet to find a photograph of Usk, apart from a couple a previous owner sent me.

I think the best bit of information I've ever received about any of my boats came today, though, by pm from fellow member Bargemast, who told me that my lifeboat, during it's years in service, saved 78 lives.

Now there's some history to be proud of. Put her back in service Carl, the RNLI looks exciting!

Now there's some history to be proud of. Put her back in service Carl, the RNLI looks exciting!

I think, after 40 years of lifesaving and 30 odd as a fishing boat then a dive boat for a bunch of geordie divers, she deserves gentle retirement.