My boat is magic...

Featured Posts

The most recent Android and iOS smartphones now use TachyonBluetooth(tm), allowing the phone in the future to send weather updates to Victron equipment in the past. This will work if you have not yet actually purchased a new phone. If you start getting future solar predictions, you now know you will inevitably buy one.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It's easy. I can do it too. There won't be any solar until March. See. 

ah but you're wrong... I've been looking and mysteriously tomorrows forecast is ..... the same as what occurred yesterday...... this is amazing tech, so advanced, smoke that Elon!

19 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

ah but you're wrong... I've been looking and mysteriously tomorrows forecast is ..... the same as what occurred yesterday...... this is amazing tech, so advanced, smoke that Elon!

I installed my victron mppt back in the summer. Pretty sure the forecast thing was there then. I'm going to install another one today. Hopefully they will communicate forecasts to each otherike they do the voltage settings. 

If they don't, I could be in the position like the BBC and met office weather app where they never agree. If that is the case I can see the controllers may produce no output at all. 

Edited by rusty69

2 hours ago, robtheplod said:

The Victron kit on my boat now predicts the solar in the coming week!  How the hell does it do that?

image.png.bec48d5bb185468648c192d0e1164495.png

It looks at the solar output of your boat in the past (including being under a tree...) and the weather forecast predictions for your area. Only works if you don't move your boat, or move it to another similarly sunny place... 😉

(but I believe it's done at Victron via the VRM app, not on your boat, so you need kit that phones home like a Cerbo)

Edited by IanD

My victron MPPT units don't forecast anything. 

I think maybe a thermoelectric generator on the back of the fire cooled by water from the River might work. No forecast needed just lots of firewood. 

Put the output through the MPPT

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I think maybe a thermoelectric generator on the back of the fire cooled by water from the River might work. No forecast needed just lots of firewood. 

There is a boat on the Coventry Canal that looks as if he has one on his chimney, green boat called something like "Fingal"