Mystery Plaque

Split Pin

Featured Posts

The truss (bridge? gate?) top-right is interesting too.

There are steps up from the towpath mid-right.

It looks more like a bridge than a tunnel to me. The Staffs & Worcester and T&M have several tight bridges like that (assuming the proportions are correct) over lock tails but I don't recognise it.

My first thought was Lapworth above the junction but I can't explain why.

EDIT: Lapworth does have both arched brick bridges with oval plaques, and truss bridges similar to top-right. I've only been there once though.

Edited by Francis Herne

4 hours ago, Heartland said:

Yes

The bridge number is of importance, but does it have to be a specific location but a representation of a narrowboat passing under a bridge.

Is this plaque ceramic or metal and and is there anything on the reverse? 

The bridge number appears to be 01 or Q1, I only have a photograph to work with. It is a brass plaque It is one in a friends late husbands collection which her sons are mounting on a board for her as a memory. I have asked if there is anything on the back. I will add any further information which comes to light. I find it odd that there is no date or organisation on it.

Steven