how do i register a home mooring

Nic B

Featured Posts

We have just been put onto a 6 month licence , and decided that as we were not able to move boat sufficienty to satisfy CRT , we would get a home mooring. We have now secured a mooring at a marina, and our boat has been moored there since the beginning of the month. However, there does not seem to be a way to register this with CRT until we get a new licnce, ie in 6 months time. Can anyone clarify whether this is really the case? Cannot get any reponse from CRT. thanks for your help.

8 minutes ago, Nic B said:

We have just been put onto a 6 month licence , and decided that as we were not able to move boat sufficienty to satisfy CRT , we would get a home mooring. We have now secured a mooring at a marina, and our boat has been moored there since the beginning of the month. However, there does not seem to be a way to register this with CRT until we get a new licnce, ie in 6 months time. Can anyone clarify whether this is really the case? Cannot get any reponse from CRT. thanks for your help.

Notify C&RT on the licencing page of their website, its easy to do.   https://licensing.canalrivertrust.org.uk/

Or if you can't find it,  ask    customer.services@canalrivertrust.org.uk 

Edited by Tracy D'arth

13 minutes ago, Nic B said:

You add your mooring location in the "My Boats" section of the licensing website

Go on the licensing website and do it. 

;)

The only thing is if its an obscure mooring it might not be on the list. 

I once looked for 'Farmer Giles' field near Eynsham on Thames' and it didn't find it. 

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

Go on the licensing website and do it. 

;)

The only thing is if its an obscure mooring it might not be on the list. 

I once looked for 'Farmer Giles' field near Eynsham on Thames' and it didn't find it. 

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

That's because it's in Ham, near the River Windrush ;) 

Also it's on the Thames so won't be on the CRT list.

3 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

Well.... If they had a mooring on the Thames they wouldn't need a CRT licence. Perhaps I'm missing some irony here or something.

Years ago when I moored in T&K Marina on the Thames and had a Gold Licence, BW hounded the hell out of me demanding to know if I had a home mooring and if so, where was it? 

I eventually caved in and told them.

17 hours ago, MtB said:

Years ago when I moored in T&K Marina on the Thames and had a Gold Licence, BW hounded the hell out of me demanding to know if I had a home mooring and if so, where was it? 

I eventually caved in and told them.

I hope you really dragged out the 'eventually ' for a very long time.