965 Mooring and Marinas Listed

David Floyd

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We now have 1,000 locations on our Moorings and Marinas map, with more still to add. I am putting on as many visitor moorings as I can find while adding other data to the database.

https://floydtilla.co.uk/uk-canal-and-river-marinas/

Thanks to a PeterF on this forum, we have a list of many of the CRT pump out locations and this is being added as I manage to locate them. They are very generic with their locations, many times just a street/postcode. It is almost as if the CRT are keeping them secret?

https://floydtilla.co.uk/find-a-pump-out-need-diesel/

11 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

We now have 1,000 locations on our Moorings and Marinas map, with more still to add. I am putting on as many visitor moorings as I can find while adding other data to the database.

https://floydtilla.co.uk/uk-canal-and-river-marinas/

Thanks to a PeterF on this forum, we have a list of many of the CRT pump out locations and this is being added as I manage to locate them. They are very generic with their locations, many times just a street/postcode. It is almost as if the CRT are keeping them secret?

https://floydtilla.co.uk/find-a-pump-out-need-diesel/

New Islington marina in Manchester do pumpouts and diesel, as I found out recently... 😉

2 hours ago, IanD said:

New Islington marina in Manchester do pumpouts and diesel, as I found out recently... 😉

Thanks

45 minutes ago, stagedamager said:

Langley Mill Boatyard pin is incorrect, as it is in the middle of a private mooring basin. we also provide Diesel and pump out, No gas sadly!

Kind regards

Dan

Hi Dan

Thanks, please check I have moved it to the right location, I have used your W3W location from you website for the corrections, must have missed it last time.

Thanks

D

2 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

At Alvechurch there are two 2 day VM's either side of the main road bridge. The one you have marked as Alvechurch is known to CaRT (on their on line map) as Crown Inn Moorings, is almost opposite Withybed Moorings (not Marina)

Hi Mike

Thanks, please check I have got these right 🙂

David

21 hours ago, David Floyd said:

Hi Mike

Thanks, please check I have got these right 🙂

David

The Withybed Visitor Moorings is in the correct location - I think CaRT map is possibly wrong as they only give one, called Crown Inn with one of their location codes. The VM is definitely on the towpath side (east of the canal). I am not sure what status the single boat mooring space you have marked as Crown Inn has - it may just be for customers. I'll try to remember to check when next I go back there hopefully before the end of the year.

There is a 2 day mooring either side of Scarfield Hill/Station Road bridge close to Alvechurch Marina (only one marked on CaRT map but the other is very close to the marked winding hole)

Withybed Marina should be called Withybed Moorings (according to their website)

• 2 weeks later...

During October we added over 300 new places to our maps, a lot of work goes into making sure we do not duplicate current locations, as many have more that one name depending on who is writing about it so it is hard process to automate.

Everything map

October was made up of roughly 

1 – Art Gallery
5 – Cocktail Bars
103 –  Pubs/Bars
41 – Coffee Shops/Cafes
5 – Fast food Restaurants 
2 – Ice cream Shops
36 – Mooring Locations
3 – Workshops/Repair 
3 – Fish Restaurants
73 – Restaurants
13 – Boater Services Points
11 – Visitor Mooring Points

The requirement for these is that they are within easy reach of the canal/river network. During November we hope to reach a total of over 2000 locations mapped in total

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had a look on the map at the Shropshire Union just south of Chester and notice that you only have one icon for Golden Nook moorings, you need another 20 markers evenly spaced over about ½mile each side of the one you have.🤣😂🤣😂

ps do not take me too seriously on this one.