will my boat fit?

cj1234

Featured Posts

Width is certainly not a problem, the Leeds & Liverpool is a wide canal. I am currently on it with a 55 x 9ft chubby narrowboat. There are quite a few 22 to 26ft river cruisers up here, so unless the OP's boat is particularly deep or high it shouldn't be a problem.

17 hours ago, jpcdriver said:

Width is certainly not a problem, the Leeds & Liverpool is a wide canal. I am currently on it with a 55 x 9ft chubby narrowboat. There are quite a few 22 to 26ft river cruisers up here, so unless the OP's boat is particularly deep or high it shouldn't be a problem.

thank you, i have done some research on her and got some dimensions on her,

hieght - 22ft (2.7m) with hardtop without hardtop it is (2.1)

draft- 1ft 6 , 2ft9 with sterndrive 

I assume OP is buying a grp rather than a steel boat because it is cheaper, both to buy, and usually to maintain. They are not designed with the narrowboat width restriction, but they are not as robust, more suited to leisure cruising.

Personally I would want the boat out of the water in winter, or at least somewhere it can't be iced in.

6 hours ago, cj1234 said:

draft- 1ft 6 , 2ft9 with sterndrive 

A stern drive is a 'negative' on the canals.

And at 2' 9" you'll be 'ploughing' along the bottom on some canals.

You will have lots of problems, particularly as the continued lack of maintenace means the bottom is getting closer to the top.

If you have not yet bought it, it may well be best avoided.