Boat Insurance

TunnelDodger

Featured Posts

Hello.  

We've just bought our first narrowboat. 

I wonder if you could be so kind as to point us in the right direction to a decent broker / insurance company in regards to insuring the boat and contents please? It seems there are a lot to choose from on here?

We'll be using it for leisure purposes for now, and possibly liveaboard by this time next year, so second year probably. 

Thank you for reading this, any advise would be greatly received.  👍

Regards.

Steve.

8 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I find Craft Insure good and easy to manage online.

We've used Craftinsure for several years. I periodically get other quotes but they are always competitive. 

But, have never made a claim do not experience there.

1 hour ago, TunnelDodger said:

Hello.  

We've just bought our first narrowboat. 

I wonder if you could be so kind as to point us in the right direction to a decent broker / insurance company in regards to insuring the boat and contents please? It seems there are a lot to choose from on here?

We'll be using it for leisure purposes for now, and possibly liveaboard by this time next year, so second year probably. 

Thank you for reading this, any advise would be greatly received.  👍

Regards.

Steve.

Not enough info - if the boat is over 20, 25, or 30 years old, depending upon insurance company, you may need regular surveys for anything other than third party cover. FWIW, I use Craftinsure for years, but I did not have contents insurance.

I've just been in touch with GJW about my insurance now I've had all the paint work done and I suspect it's increased the value of the boat. I asked them when I might need to provide a survey to them next - they said 2027 will be the next time. They had my 2017 survey when I bought the current boat and the boat is 25+ years old (I never remember if it's from 1990 or 1995). So that works for me, a few years yet before that expense.

4 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not enough info - if the boat is over 20, 25, or 30 years old, depending upon insurance company, you may need regular surveys for anything other than third party cover. FWIW, I use Craftinsure for years, but I did not have contents insurance.

Think our insurer said 10 years on our 40 year old boat (GJW).

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, pearley said:

We've used Craftinsure for several years. I periodically get other quotes but they are always competitive. 

But, have never made a claim do not experience there.

I have claimed, quick payment. No quibble.