Jiggle Syphon

Featured Posts

All

Thanks for your replies

I normally empty the water tank using the pump via the tap into the sink. The pump instructions state don't run longer than 15 minutes.

Wish me luck 🤞

On 11/07/2023 at 19:10, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Er, obvious question. Why can't the OP turn on a tap in the boat and let the boats water pump pump the water in to a sink and out through a skin fitting? I've done this on several occasions and the pump was fine. Didn't get hot and flustered, or anything. Turn off the pump when the tank is empty. I know he says he doesn't want to do that, but there is no reason why not.

56 minutes ago, Steve Manc said:

All

Thanks for your replies

I normally empty the water tank using the pump via the tap into the sink. The pump instructions state don't run longer than 15 minutes.

Wish me luck 🤞

As I said it’s an intermittently rated pump. If you run it for too long continuously the windings burn out. Just run it (err) intermittently and let it cool down. If you can point a cold fan at it all the better. You should be able to feel it when it’s hot. 

38 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

As I said it’s an intermittently rated pump. If you run it for too long continuously the windings burn out. Just run it (err) intermittently and let it cool down. If you can point a cold fan at it all the better. You should be able to feel it when it’s hot. 

That’s what I do, cycle it 10mins on and 10mins off.