New Wheelhouse/hood by Titan

Featured Posts

New wheelhouse / hood design installed! Folds down in couple of minutes. Kept similar look of wheelhouse for style but also practical having forward sloping windscreen for sun glare and rain. Front screen is made from Strataglass. It’s like glass but rolls up, tough with high clarity. Hood splits in half for shade in diff areas. All widows can zip out. Bug nets can be zipped in! Very happy with it. Titan boat canopies understood the assignment!

FB957561-2E5E-4F1B-83D2-DB108CE1513B.jpeg

5284E629-3266-43A3-8591-DF2A7EDE42EB.jpeg

A3C027C4-E103-4ADE-9312-B1296CBCF630.jpeg

A5F8632F-4FBB-4B08-9E4D-64F9DC4F10B3.jpeg

141EFE1F-EA44-4C1F-B969-23383AC2960E.jpeg

5BB2817D-6C6A-4E6B-8A94-E28B44A7F86C.jpeg

I approached Titan canopies a few weeks back to ask if they could repair a minor tear on my cratch cover. They came back saying they couldn't manage it that week or the next. I said that's no problem, and as long as I got it back within 6 weeks that would be fine.

Instead of saying sorry pal, we really aren't interested in such a small job, they continued to make up another excuse.

I wish these people would just be honest if they don't want the job.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Silent Flight said:

New wheelhouse / hood design installed! Folds down in couple of minutes. Kept similar look of wheelhouse for style but also practical having forward sloping windscreen for sun glare and rain. Front screen is made from Strataglass. It’s like glass but rolls up, tough with high clarity. Hood splits in half for shade in diff areas. All widows can zip out. Bug nets can be zipped in! Very happy with it. Titan boat canopies understood the assignment!

FB957561-2E5E-4F1B-83D2-DB108CE1513B.jpeg

5284E629-3266-43A3-8591-DF2A7EDE42EB.jpeg

A3C027C4-E103-4ADE-9312-B1296CBCF630.jpeg

A5F8632F-4FBB-4B08-9E4D-64F9DC4F10B3.jpeg

141EFE1F-EA44-4C1F-B969-23383AC2960E.jpeg

5BB2817D-6C6A-4E6B-8A94-E28B44A7F86C.jpeg

How much?

It looks nice up (not so nice down) and I'm sure it's fine but it's not to my taste. If you need to get up onto the roof with the canopy down you're scuppered. Maybe you don't use your roof but as a single hander I use mine a lot. I wouldn't have a pram hood or any kind of cover that's going to get in my way while I'm moving the boat. For me a canopy even makes using simple things like centre ropes more difficult. As useful as I'm sure they are I'd just rather not have one.

• Greenie 1

You have already moved to a widebeam from a narrow quite a number of yars ago. 

I think I remember your boat at Batchworth around 2005. Could be confused.  

I'm sure putting a pram hood on the back of a narrow is an attempt to gain more space because of the basic unsatisfactory nature of narrow boats. 

Not sure what putting a pram hood on the back of a wide bean means. There must be a message. 

9 minutes ago, blackrose said:

It looks nice up (not so nice down) and I'm sure it's fine but it's not to my taste. If you need to get up onto the roof with the canopy down you're scuppered. Maybe you don't use your roof but as a single hander I use mine a lot. I wouldn't have a pram hood or any kind of cover that's going to get in my way while I'm moving the boat. For me a canopy even makes using simple things like centre ropes more difficult. As useful as I'm sure they are I'd just rather not have one.

Each to their own I get it, my godmother has a cruiser stern nd prefers waterproofs.

Tbf see what you mean about being down. I just posted it down as they were installing. It’s not folded down properly in the picture. Does }fold away much neater than that. 

3 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

looks better than the wheelhouse  Greenhouse, which is not something normally said about pram hoods :) 

Corrected you there.

• Haha 1