Waterway attire

Gordon Bennet

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bennet said:

Is a wet suit required on inland waters ? If so is flatulence a problem on long jaunts? 

Where e'er you be let your wind go free.  In Church or Chapel let it rattle.

Draught Bass for power.  Pickled eggs and Guinness for fragrance.

I approve of the term "Artificial intelligence" because intelligence can only ever be real. If it's 'artificial', it's not real.

Is my tape recorder artificially intelligent because it can 'speak' in my voice? 

50 minutes ago, dmr said:

I've done a fair bit of in the water work in the last year in a pair of waders, I don't want to say any more 😀

I understand completely. Rubber is a very strange material.

1 hour ago, MtB said:

I approve of the term "Artificial intelligence" because intelligence can only ever be real. If it's 'artificial', it's not real.

Is my tape recorder artificially intelligent because it can 'speak' in my voice? 

I'd say it's probably more "out of date" than it is artifici.ally intelligent . Have you considered getting a penny farthing?

3 hours ago, Ronaldo47 said:

We had a Gordon Bennet in my class at school. I had never heard the expression being used as a mild expletive before it was used  in "Steptoe & Son" on  BBC TV in the 1960's. 

There's a valid reason for being called Gordon Bennet my parents.

11 hours ago, Ianws said:

The  bots are certainly inventive, if not that intelligent, yet!

I'm Gordon Bennet not Bot Bennet why some people are so obsessed with Bots is beyond me?

1 minute ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

She is famous. You are lucky to have a Home Secretary in the family.

No your getting confused that's my Uncle Suella , he's a strange woman .

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennet said:

I'm Gordon Bennet not Bot Bennet why some people are so obsessed with Bots is beyond me?

No your getting confused that's my Uncle Suella , he's a strange woman .

Just out of interest do you know Michael Fabricant? Only one of my poodles is related to his hair apparently.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Bennet said:

I understand completely. Rubber is a very strange material.

I'd say it's probably more "out of date" than it is artifici.ally intelligent . Have you considered getting a penny farthing?

There's a valid reason for being called Gordon Bennet my parents.

Gordon Bennet was a wealthy businessman who put up cash prizes for a balloon race, a car race and aeroplane race.

There were apparently some weird and wonderful entrants, and when some weird machine is seen, the expression, " Gordon Bennet, what on earth is that."came about.

Well, that's the story I have heard.

Viktor grebbenikov won the prize apparently ! I think my expletives would be worse 

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

Gordon Bennet was a wealthy businessman who put up cash prizes for a balloon race, a car race and aeroplane race.

There were apparently some weird and wonderful entrants, and when some weird machine is seen, the expression, " Gordon Bennet, what on earth is that."came about.

Well, that's the story I have heard.

Viktor grebbenikov won I hear?

12 hours ago, Gordon Bennet said:

Just out of interest do you know Michael Fabricant? Only one of my poodles is related to his hair apparently.

I'd just like to say that accusing Michael Fabricants hair of attacking my dogs in Cannock chase was probably a hefty oversight on my behalf. Thanks Mick