The Flower of Gloster (1967)

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

This channel on youtube seems to be adding episodes. No episode 12 yet but it might be worth keeping an eye on it.

https://youtube.com/@retrobt

Cheers Graham 

Is this maybe the original poster under a different moniker.
Some of the other films available I seem to remember from before.
Anyway whoever you are good on you..

On 22/07/2023 at 08:41, Graham and Jo said:

This channel on youtube seems to be adding episodes. No episode 12 yet but it might be worth keeping an eye on it.

https://youtube.com/@retrobt

Cheers Graham 

The last episodes are up now, we watched them the other night :)

• Happy 1

On 02/06/2023 at 17:45, ditchcrawler said:

I like the bit where that chap said the Anderton Lift took I think two and a half minutes, it took me forty five a couple of weeks back

£2 each way though (Episode 3). That was a lot of money in the early 1970's. When we did it around 8 years ago, it was £5 return booked and free if you waited for an empty slot. Very good value in comparison.

I've watched the first five episodes, and found it painful. Yes, It's a drama not a documentary, and yes it was fun in a child-like way. So I skipped to episode 13, the last. Still painful.

Nice to see some real life characters interspersed into the series, so some upticks there. And I'm probably missing the fact that it was a series for younger people. And who was that character in Betton Woods claiming to watch Badgers?

The boat? VULTURE, built 1904?

I guess the real attraction is seeing England (and London) as it was in my teenage to early twenties. And as Dick the steerer said to Ann: "That's the thing about the canals really: you're not in England, not the England of today... this is the England of the past."

That rings so true. I miss it.

Edited by Derek R.
Added text

• 4 weeks later...