Temporarily Frozen: multiple users

AMModels

Featured Posts

I love folk on forums with alternative identities it reminds me of my debt collecting days and the pre visit phone calls!

Very big men they often were full of threats and bravardo on the other end of the phone, but often somewhat smaller pathetic specimens in the flesh up close! ;)

Oh the joys of communication at a distance! :cheers:

At least this way their dogs don't bite me! B)

The Site Crew are discussing the best way forward in relation to this at the moment. Watch this space!

Cheers

Jon

Some sites don't have a virtual pub or off topic area? I suppose that would cut out on none canal related topics and concentrate on canal related ones only..

just a suggestion.

Dx

I'm all with the using your real name thing.

But I already am.

Ok, that's not the name on my birth certificate, that says Adrian, I sometimes sign my posts or PMs 'Ade', but I'm known both on and offline as Mole so I will stick with that. Also, I fail to see why my surname would be in any way relevant, or any of your business.

What about when a partner or spouse shares the same computer and IP address but has their own screen name?

And whatever new rules are brought in, the Fridaaay thread should be specifically excluded.

Some sites don't have a virtual pub or off topic area? I suppose that would cut out on none canal related topics and concentrate on canal related ones only..

just a suggestion.

Dx

Nooooooo please noooooo

To some the VP is a delightful place full of surreal humour or interesting if not philosophical discussion and sometimes affection

To some the VP is a refuge from the difficulties or boredom of real life

It is an escape - a place to hide - a place to brighten an otherwise dull day

Nooooooo please noooooo

To some the VP is a delightful place full of surreal humour or interesting if not philosophical discussion and sometimes affection

To some the VP is a refuge from the difficulties or boredom of real life

It is an escape - a place to hide - a place to brighten an otherwise dull day

......and free beer tomorow :cheers:;)B)

Edited by Yoda

So what is the answer then?

Most of the trouble caused on this forum, is in the VP.

Some people cannot post without others stepping in with acidic comments & that you cannot deny is happening?

I cannot post without tomsk,(now he knows who I am) writing what can only be described as vitriolic remarks to me all the time. Of course I respond, why should he not get some back?,(but I don't give him half the nastiness he send in my direction, no where near)... its virtually impossible for me to post these days (since he found out I was halo) without posting offencive, caustic and downright slanderous remarks toward me.

This is THE reason I changed my identity,(from Minerva to halo) but thanks to someone who shall remain nameless, tipping him off, we are back to these stupendous posts.

Should he post things like that... Is it right?...

So we are left with a potentially volatile situation then... aren't we? Unless one or the other of us goes away, (which is tomsks main role in life)....to rid me from these boards.

I'm not getting too much into who said what to whom three years ago. BUT... I'm sorry you find me offencive because I am patriotic to this country and I sympathise that you do not agree with my disdain at our governments policy on asylum seekers. I make no apology about the fact that I disagree with your philosophy, "that the UK should let everyone in who wants to come to this country". And in your eyes that makes me a racist. But if you look at your posts to me, they are tantamount to racism towards me, are they not?

Why am I saying all this?

Easy. Because this is what has been eating away at tomks for the last 3 years and never fails to remind me of it.

And that is why I have changed my identities.

Quite frankly, I am being harassed. and have been for the last 3 years.

Thanks for reading...

Some people cannot post without others stepping in with acidic comments & that you cannot deny is happening?

I think that happens everywhere not just in the VP

Some of the debates in the technical sections can get particularly heated and nasty

People exercise a little self-discipline and behave themselves - its as simple as that

It strikes me that some people just don't read the forum rules or if they do they don't abide by them

I think Jon has to be careful about single IP addresses, as some use home and work computers to log onto this site. These people have to have multiple names otherwise logon is rejected.

Why would using two seperate computers mean you need multiple accounts - this is not the case at all.

You can log into your account on any computer in any location around the world.

The problem is where there are multiple usernames attached to one IP adderss - however this can be a dangerous thing to monitor... because there are quite a few occasions where for some reason, the same IP address will show up for a number of users... even thought I know perfectly well that they are totally different people!

It would also be very hard because of the high amount of users posting every day... I would think it is near impossable to be able to check the IPs (which I only know of manual ways to do)

My 2ps worth.

Take care.

Sam

I cannot post without tomsk,(now he knows who I am) writing what can only be described as vitriolic remarks to me all the time. Of course I respond, why should he not get some back?,(but I don't give him half the nastiness he send in my direction, no where near)... its virtually impossible for me to post these days (since he found out I was halo) without posting offencive, caustic and downright slanderous remarks toward me.

This is THE reason I changed my identity,(from Minerva to halo) but thanks to someone who shall remain nameless, tipping him off, we are back to these stupendous posts.

Should he post things like that... Is it right?...

So we are left with a potentially volatile situation then... aren't we? Unless one or the other of us goes away, (which is tomsks main role in life)....to rid me from these boards.

I'm not getting too much into who said what to whom three years ago. BUT... I'm sorry you find me offencive because I am patriotic to this country and I sympathise that you do not agree with my disdain at our governments policy on asylum seekers. I make no apology about the fact that I disagree with your philosophy, "that the UK should let everyone in who wants to come to this country". And in your eyes that makes me a racist. But if you look at your posts to me, they are tantamount to racism towards me, are they not?

Why am I saying all this?

Easy. Because this is what has been eating away at tomks for the last 3 years and never fails to remind me of it.

And that is why I have changed my identities.

Quite frankly, I am being harassed. and have been for the last 3 years.

Thanks for reading...:

Sorry but I must reply... If you didn't post such nasty racist nonsense the propblem would not arise. I have never posted anything on here that I would not say to your face or any others faces and always under one identity so there can be no mistake or confusion.. I do think you are a twisted idiot, you talk nasty nosense under psudonyms and do your best to set one up against another, how is that acceptable behaviour? I do sometimes get out of my pram, but never without good reason.

If you want to have bigoted and racist opions please keep them to yourself, for I make no apology for taking you to task for them.

That is all.....

Edited by tomsk

This is THE reason I changed my identity, (from Minerva to halo) but thanks to someone who shall remain nameless, tipping him off, we are back to these stupendous posts.

Oh, I think you had revealed quite enough on the spiritualism and pagan threads for anyone with half a brain to make the connection, and while Tomsk may be many things, stupid ain't one of 'em.

I really don't understand what it is between you two, but I think you ought to get a room.

halo/minerva whatever other names you go by: perhaps if you contributed to the forum in a positive way, people wouldn't get wound up by you comments. It seems to me that you only post items designed to wind people up and have little or nothing to say about boats and boating, which is after all the purpose of the forum.

Some of your comments are very clever and entertaining, but unfortunately you don't seem to know when to stop. As many of your posts are insulting to other posters when quite uncalled for, it is not surprising that people take the bait. I don't think you can really accuse other people of making vitriolic remarks when in nearly every case you start it.

Pot - kettle - black?

CITC?

Communications and Information Technology Commission

Canadian Institute of Travel Counsellors

Cook Inlet Tribal Council (Anchorage, Alaska)

Cottage Industry Technology Center

Chamber of Income Tax Consultants (India)

Cavan Innovation & Technology Centre (Cavan, Ireland)

Cook Islands Trading Corporation

Community Imagery Training Council (US)

Construction Information Technology Center (vietnam)

Caltex International Technical Center Pty Ltd (Sydney, NSW, Australia)

Cement Industry Technical Conference

Center for Indigenous Technology & Construction

GAL

Get A Life.... :cheers:

I know that people have been behaving irresponsibly, but can I put in a defence of multiple identities. Without them how can marvellous characters like Nobber, James T Berk or the Gubberment Inspectre exist on the forum? These are harmless and reasonably transparent uses of multiple identites.

The real problem has been how particular people, no matter what they call themselves, have been behaving towards others.

Richard

I know that people have been behaving irresponsibly, but can I put in a defence of multiple identities. Without them how can marvellous characters like Nobber, James T Berk or the Gubberment Inspectre exist on the forum? These are harmless and reasonably transparent uses of multiple identites.

The real problem has been how particular people, no matter what they call themselves, have been behaving towards others.

Richard

So are Nobber and James T Berk really aliases of TGI? This seems a tad irresponsible, for an employee of the Crown.

I'm closing this for now while I consider my resonse. The suggestion has been made and it is valid, yet I don't want to stop banter like the TGI and nobber from happening as they provide some of the best entertainment around!

If the thread stays open I can see this degenerating, and we've had quite enough of that for one week. I'll reopen it when a decision is reached.