Goodbye from the Kiwis

Kiwidad

Featured Posts

Well, unfortunately the time has come for us to leave the UK and return to paradise.

We had not intended to leave yet, but life has a way of interfering in such matters.

We have had a wonderful 10 years with Ashdown and will miss her!

We also made many friends in the narrowboat community. You know who you are, but special mention to Matty & Kathy, Monkey, BSP, Ange & Dave, Polly, Sheila & Jim, John & Penny and many others.

We fly out on Tuesday, not looking forward to the 36 hour journey!

I will still be on the forum, but Ashdown will reluctantly be sold, so if you want a cracking live aboard, it will be on brokerage at Rugby Boats soon.

1 minute ago, Kiwidad said:

Well, unfortunately the time has come for us to leave the UK and return to paradise.

We had not intended to leave yet, but life has a way of interfering in such matters.

We also made many friends in the narrowboat community. You know who you are, but special mention to Matty & Kathy, Monkey, BSP, Ange & Dave, Polly, Sheila & Jim, John & Penny and many others.

I will still be on the forum, but Ashdown will reluctantly be sold, so if you want a cracking live aboard, it will be on brokerage at Rugby Boats soon.

I did wonder a comment you made a few weeks ago sort of suggested a move, good luck with the relocation

• Greenie 1

48 minutes ago, Kiwidad said:

Oh wow - I knew you were selling the boat but had no idea you were going back to NZ. 

Dave and I wish you both all the luck in the world - hopefully you'll come back for a visit one day so we can catch up.  You never know, we may visit Kiwiland again, we did enjoy our time over there.

Hugs x

• Greenie 1

All the best on your return to Kiwi land. You probably won't remember but we met in Leicester just after you bought the boat and you were waiting for your wife joining you. Matty was there too. Doesn't see like 10 years ago ! We were on the boat we shared, Copperkins 

• Greenie 1

Unfortunately, most of my early pictures were on photobucket so have been stolen by those pirates as a total laptop failure in late 2012 resulted in a loss of all my data...however, I do have a few stored up.

First weeks of Ashdown in new ownership, alongside the 2012 cruising club of Old Friends, Ali and Marks boat Hallyth? and JerryP with MisterB

image.thumb.jpeg.8df2c0ad741e77ba7c69a95f82f1ac9d.jpeg

I then stole his boat from Great Haywood in 2014 to repaint the red panels on Rugeley aqueduct (mooring and winding holes at both ends...) in some of the worst painting weather ever

20230303_211520.jpg.e47199f60a9dc08144369c0c807fecf8.jpg

That first winter was quite a cold one, I believe this was the day after the Kiwis first Overstay notice....DSC_04472.thumb.jpg.30ee3b7066217d771e220eac4a501315.jpg

• Greenie 1

56 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That first winter was quite a cold one, I believe this was the day after the Kiwis first Overstay notice....DSC_04472.thumb.jpg.30ee3b7066217d771e220eac4a501315.jpg

We don’t talk about this, I was not the overstayer, Old Friends is moored in front of me, and did not get a notice- bribery and corruption abounded I am sure

2 hours ago, Richard T said:

Enjoy your return toKiwiland. It was a pleasure to have met you on several occasions like Matty and Kathys wedding. Heres a picture to remind us of that day.

IMG_3784.JPG

By co incidence this nice little boat popped up for sale on my YouTube feed tonight.

Welcome back to NZ.

Presumably you are returning to the South Island thus avoiding the extremely challenging weather the North Island has experienced this summer.

Walked back along the Auckland waterfront after 8pm last night after a race in our classic yacht series.

Was absolutely pumping, almost up to the crowds during America's Cup campaigns.

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, DandV said:

Welcome back to NZ.

Presumably you are returning to the South Island thus avoiding the extremely challenging weather the North Island has experienced this summer.

Walked back along the Auckland waterfront after 8pm last night after a race in our classic yacht series.

Was absolutely pumping, almost up to the crowds during America's Cup campaigns.

It's not just the challenging weather you have to worry about is it Don....

Screenshot_20230304-123059_Chrome.jpg

On 03/03/2023 at 21:39, Kiwidad said:

We don’t talk about this, I was not the overstayer, Old Friends is moored in front of me, and did not get a notice- bribery and corruption abounded I am sure

I remember that , Enjoy your travels.

• Greenie 1

On 03/03/2023 at 17:52, Kiwidad said:

Obviously there are many others to remember but I should definitely mention Ally & Marc, Smelly, Viv, Lonewolf and JerryP