Looking for a Traveler Seat

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Hello. Looking for a replacement toilet seat and lid for our loo. All the new ones available are white. We don’t want white. We would like a cream coloured one to match the rest of the fittings.

Does anyone have one or know where there is one.

About a year ago there was a whole toilet in a waste compound. I should have taken the seat from that. My conscience wouldn’t allow me to leave it incomplete. Silly me.
I had put this into the ‘For Sale’ section as I was told it’s for wanted as well. The title suggests I have one for sale. 

I think the seat & cover are a sort of MDF. Certainly mine is. I’d be looking for a suitable MDF spray paint which there seems to be a few…or just use an MDF primer and get a good auto paint supplier to mix the right shade. They will usually match a sample colour. 

1 hour ago, frangar said:

I think the seat & cover are a sort of MDF. Certainly mine is. I’d be looking for a suitable MDF spray paint which there seems to be a few…or just use an MDF primer and get a good auto paint supplier to mix the right shade. They will usually match a sample colour. 

The MDF seat that came with our Sealand/Dometic toilet wore quickly on the front bottom edge. The replacement under warranty did the same. To get a better quality replacement meant making a template from card the going around all the likely outlets to find one that fitted, the space between the hinge fixings not being standard. 

• Greenie 1

Just now, pearley said:

The MDF seat that came with our Sealand/Dometic toilet wore quickly on the front bottom edge. The replacement under warranty did the same. To get a better quality replacement meant making a template from card the going around all the likely outlets to find one that fitted, the space between the hinge fixings not being standard. 

Even when I tried to get a replacement seat for the toilet in my mothers house it’s amazing the variety of shapes and hinge spacing! The paint has worn on the lid on my Sealand. I will respray it at some point but it is 10 years old now…I still think of it as new! 

6 hours ago, frangar said:

Even when I tried to get a replacement seat for the toilet in my mothers house it’s amazing the variety of shapes and hinge spacing! The paint has worn on the lid on my Sealand. I will respray it at some point but it is 10 years old now…I still think of it as new! 

For future reference we found the Pressalit Tivoli 2 seat to be a good fit.

Also available in Cream.

https://pressalit.com/toilet-seats/toilet-seats/pressalit-t-2-316/p-316000-b13999/

• Greenie 1