Orchard Marina & Boatbuilders Ltd

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

That's a point and I don't think it has changed much since we went there. When we arrived all the pontoons were in and the power and water was in place. The elsan is, I believe, a tank on a boat and I think that is the only facility. My memory might be playing tricks but I think all the pontoons were in as we were offered a mooring on the long pontoons ( where you were ) or the short ones ( where we are ). Noah, the previous owner always seemed to be beavering away but I think that was more about the surroundings rather than the water space. Orchard on the other hand just seems to get stuck with months of absolutely no activity. I get the impression that not many of the evacuees want to go back there if it is ever finished.  

When you start looking at who the directors are and what pies they have fingers in you get gravy everywhere .

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

When you start looking at who the directors are and what pies they have fingers in you get gravy everywhere .

In all honesty, I don't even know who owns park farm now as we have virtually no communication from them. We know Dave who is, I think, the site manager ( and a taxi driver ) but that's it. The marina just seems to trundle along and it suits us fine.

9 minutes ago, haggis said:

In all honesty, I don't even know who owns park farm now as we have virtually no communication from them. We know Dave who is, I think, the site manager ( and a taxi driver ) but that's it. The marina just seems to trundle along and it suits us fine.

Its Alan MacNaughtan who is also director of

ORCHARD MARINA LIMITED (09764633)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Trident House, 105 Derby Road, Liverpool, L20 8LZ
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
7 September 2015

ORCHARD MARINA & BOAT BUILDERS LIMITED (04973492)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Whitegate, New Hey, Sandfield Park, Merseyside, L12 1LH
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
24 November 2003

COLLINGWOOD BOAT BUILDERS LTD (04953783)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
5 November 2003

LIVERPOOL BOAT CO. LIMITED (03072843)

Company status
Dissolved
Correspondence address
Role
Director
Appointed on
1 September 1998

PARK FARM MARINA LIMITED (06359108)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
7 January 2020

TOWNSEND MGT CO LTD (11915095)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
29 Townsend Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom, L5 9XY
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
30 March 2019

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its Alan MacNaughtan who is also director of

ORCHARD MARINA LIMITED (09764633)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
7 September 2015

ORCHARD MARINA & BOAT BUILDERS LIMITED (04973492)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
24 November 2003

COLLINGWOOD BOAT BUILDERS LTD (04953783)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
5 November 2003

LIVERPOOL BOAT CO. LIMITED (03072843)

Company status
Dissolved
Correspondence address
Role
Director
Appointed on
1 September 1998

PARK FARM MARINA LIMITED (06359108)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
7 January 2020

TOWNSEND MGT CO LTD (11915095)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
29 Townsend Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom, L5 9XY
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
30 March 2019

I like gravy on my pies 😁 what's the problem with having lots of fingers?? 😳

• 11 months later...
On 24/08/2022 at 18:49, Stroudwater1 said:

Yes the pontoons looked pretty new plus a block of some sort being constructed in early July 

9A5312E8-2FE9-4926-B768-E60FE810B5C9.jpeg.ecfba64f8cd7aaf41f916fd68b498366.jpeg

2C5AFAED-FC64-40E3-B678-B2B1EC38D177.jpeg.cb36cc7eccd40035ea5d91088579cb95.jpeg

45F698C0-D27A-4B08-BE8B-FA42FA6AD919.jpeg.f94c23db9f062d16b6d3e6813f7e6b5f.jpeg

Passed at the start and end of this year, there was a guy working on the one of the jetty legs, no photos but a year later it looks broadly the same as above.

Odd, because Park Farm, and all the surrounding marina are full up, and with space for around 60 odd boats it should be worth £150k a year in income from moorings. The moorings are Park Farm are also knocking 2/3 the price of anywhere else in the area if their website is correct.

Just seems so close to being able to put boats in it!

7 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Passed at the start and end of this year, there was a guy working on the one of the jetty legs, no photos but a year later it looks broadly the same as above.

Odd, because Park Farm, and all the surrounding marina are full up, and with space for around 60 odd boats it should be worth £150k a year in income from moorings. The moorings are Park Farm are also knocking 2/3 the price of anywhere else in the area if their website is correct.

Just seems so close to being able to put boats in it!

2 hours ago, Francis Herne said:

I've just passed. Three diggers and several men working. Lots of recent work on the bankside moorings and elsewhere.

The basin is now about half full (it was empty a few weeks ago). One of the workers says they're deliberately filling it and should be at canal level in a week.

Edited by Stroudwater1
Added Francis Hernes comments from the other thread. Possibly making progress ( perhaps!)

• 3 weeks later...

Still closed this winter, nothing back from Park Farm after being on the waiting list a month, so we shall be mooring elsewhere. 

Shame as its a nice location, and at 72p/ft week around the cheapest mooring in the area at £1086 for 6months with a 58ft boat.

Last year we paid £1045.00 for 23weeks at Uplands, but since ABC have taken over they now want £1653 for the same 6months.

Which while the cheapest ABC site, looks dear against Park Farm, Oakwood, Swanley, Venetian. for what you get.

Aqueduct, Overwater, Tattenhall are all more expensive, but I believe offer more facilities and less rotten jetties than Uplands!

All interesting stuff!

9 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Still closed this winter, nothing back from Park Farm after being on the waiting list a month, so we shall be mooring elsewhere. 

Shame as its a nice location, and at 72p/ft week around the cheapest mooring in the area at £1086 for 6months with a 58ft boat.

Last year we paid £1045.00 for 23weeks at Uplands, but since ABC have taken over they now want £1653 for the same 6months.

Which while the cheapest ABC site, looks dear against Park Farm, Oakwood, Swanley, Venetian. for what you get.

Aqueduct, Overwater, Tattenhall are all more expensive, but I believe offer more facilities and less rotten jetties than Uplands!

All interesting stuff!

I'm paying £240 a month at Uplands for a 60' boat, which is £1440 for 6 months (23 weeks isn't 6 months...) -- that is the annual rate though (but I only paid for 5 1/2 months up to next April).

Not many facilities and a bit scruffy (to say the least!), but if all you want is a mooring with power/water/parking it's fine. The jetties seem OK to me -- except the far edge one under the trees which is like a skating rink to walk on... 😞

Cellular reception on EE is lousy though... 😉

Edited by IanD

52 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Unless things have improved greatly in there I would take a visit and speak to Dave actually in the marina, I can't remember his other name. @haggis may know.

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Unless things have improved greatly in there I would take a visit and speak to Dave actually in the marina, I can't remember his other name. @haggis may know.

I spoke to Dave earlier this year when I was looking for a mooring, he said that normally space freed up in the summer as people went out cruising and gave up their moorings but this just didn't happen this year and he had no 60' spaces free.

Edited by IanD

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

When we were there a few weeks ago there were some spaces but not a lot and it might have been because folk were out cruising. Did you phone Dave on his mobile as I gather that is the best way to contact the marina?

The only way that works, in my experience...