No Fuel Day

AMModels

Featured Posts

Recieved via Email, this is more effective than email.

The UK government's further tax increase on fuel has taken the average price of unleaded to the £1 a litre barrier!

DON'T PAY TAX - DON'T BUY FUEL

Monday November 19th has been formally declared "NO FUEL DAY" and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of fuel that day. This really does work. Because of the HUGE revenues generated by fuel, the tax is paid DAILY. Just one day of action will seriously hit Government cash flow! You can make a difference. If the government don't get the message after one day, we will do it again... and again! Without taking action the price per litre will continue to rise.

Remember, not only is the price of fuel going up but at the same time airlines are forced to raise their prices, road haulage companies are forced to raise their prices which effects prices on everything that is shipped. Things like food, clothing, building materials, medical supplies etc. Who pays in the end? WE DO.

You can do something! If you send this message to just 10 people, and they forward it to 10 people… and so on, by the time it has reached the 6th generation, then this message will have been seen by 20 MILLION people! So, send it to everyone you know...

Make The Commitment, on Monday 19th November: DON'T BUY FUEL - DON'T PAY TAX

When you say "we will do it again... and again!" , would you mind telling us who this demonstration is being organised by exactly?

Id love to tell you....but I havent a clue whos organising it, as I stated its a circular email Ive just passed on.

By not buying fuel on one target day you put the whole supply and distribution chain into chaos - ultimately, yes, the fuel companies still sell the same amount and the government collect the same revenue - BUT the whole point of this exercise is to cause upset in the system which, it is hoped, will register with Gordon the Grabber as a demonstration of public dissatisfaction - if he wont give us his head on an electoral platter this is your chance to kick him in the shin.

what do you want, more fuel at cheaper prices?

the long prophesised oil shortage has finally arrived, after about 30 years of warnings. the estimated known and unknown reserves of oil are now dropping for the first time. unfortunately the demand is growing faster than ever. we are living in never-never land, but it can't last.

you have always paid duty on fuel, but the current price increases reflect the rising world price of crude oil. market forces apply. any demonstration not to buy fuel because it costs more than £1 a litre is daft, unless the campaign is extended to be about not using oil-based fossil fuels at all, and changing to some other source.

the long prophesised oil shortage has finally arrived, after about 30 years of warnings. the estimated known and unknown reserves of oil are now dropping for the first time. unfortunately the demand is growing faster than ever. we are living in never-never land, but it can't last.

you have always paid duty on fuel, but the current price increases reflect the rising world price of crude oil. market forces apply. any demonstration not to buy fuel because it costs more than £1 a litre is daft, unless the campaign is extended to be about not using oil-based fossil fuels at all, and changing to some other source.

Agreed, if rising fuel prices (taxation or core price) result in less fuel being used that is surely overall A Good Thing even though some individuals will be seen to lose out 'unfairly'.

Red diesel is a special case, coming hand in hand with other major price rises for boaters and coinciding with a likely economic downturn.

I really can't see how giving support to a nonsensical campaign such as this, aimed at road users, could help that case in the slightest.

Tim

Just seconding the above and suggesting that if you would like to reduce the tax you pay on road fuel why not insist that the government taxes aviation fuel and rebates the former accordingly? That way those of us that do not fly and avoid burning any more than fuel than necessary will be rewarded for our lifestyles.

Giles

There are many ways in which we can look at what we pay for fuel, how much of it is tax, and how we use it.

For most people, the largest usage will be for travelling to and from work, and this is where I firmly believe many of the problems we face today are rooted :-

TOO MANY PEOPLE TRAVEL TOO FAR TO REACH THEIR PLACE OF WORK.

Where I live, people who were born and bred locally can no longer afford to buy a house. However house prices continue to rise because people who are prepared to commute 70 miles each way every day will do so to earn the larger salaries which are available in the London area.

The result of this being excessive and unnecessary usage of fuel, more and more congestion, and more polution.

Our village is no longer a place of villagers, it has now become a collection of residences of totally unconnected people.

Where there was once 6 local shops, there is now 1. The village pubs are dying because people have to be up early to commute and arrive home to tired to go out. If they have to drive early the next day, then they can't risk going for a pint or two.

I am by no means a tree hugger, or anti-car, but I am very much anti waste.

The primary reason we built roads in the first place was to enable goods to be taken to market. Those values should still hold true today. We now have a very good motorway and trunk route network in this country which would be more than adequate for the movement of produce and manufactured goods from source to consumer if that network were not clogged up with commuter traffic.

The motor car has given us all great freedom, alas we have not used the benefit particularly wisely.

If the cost of fuel continues to rise, as I am sure it will, then maybe people will have to consider moderating the way in which they use it.

I personally think its good that as a country we have fairly high fuel tax, and am happy to pay £1 per litre for the privalage of being able to use there fuel.

- No, actaually, i really really am.

Daniel

Understandable from someone with a coal burning conveyance!!!

I've had this email twice now, both emails worded similarly, one about boycotting Esso and BP and patronising supermarket stuff and the other as above. And it aint gonna work, not when you think it through properly. Someone has said "We'll make Monday 19th November the target day, then this will disrupt the supply". Yeah? We all know when it is, so they will too and adjust their supply chain and logistics accordingly, surely. The only ones who will suffer will be those who know nothing about it!!!

Edited by BigRoj

Noble sentiments on the environment for sure, but if the UK and all its fossil fuel consumption disappeared altogether, the impact on global emissions would be negligible and I for one am getting seriously cheesed off that our high moral ground stance seems to always affect my pocket adversely. I don't see governments videoconferencing rather than having far flung junkets. I don't see any hesitation in military adventures because of environmental concerns and I don't see a cat in whatsits chance that you are going to stop India, China, USA and countless others doing their own thing.

So -- yes I do object to punitive fuel duties and other taxes based on 'good for the environment' tickets. Just a colossal rip off.

Mike.

Sick of being preached to about Lifestyles...

Sick of being preached to about fossil fuels running out....

Sick of being preached to about "Not being"Green" enough"...

Sick of "Greenies" telling me how to live my life...

And sick of being told MY lifestyle will have to be taxed even more...

I've paid full wack on everything all my life,and now they reckon I'm not paying enough!

Gawd help us.

The man in the street will never beat both the governments of the day (they're all as bad as each other) and the commercial market place.

I work in an industry very closely connected to all of the oil majors and the exploration/assessment of oil reserves business.

The recent price rises are nothing to do with 'oil running out'. Its purely economics. Our american freinds are in the Sh1t. The storms in the gulf of mexico serverly damaged their 'local' oil industry. As such, they a) ran down reserves (consumption remain constant but supply was reduced), b ) have now had to buy more on the global market place to meet the short fall, hence pushing up the price as OPEC has not increased production.

The price of a barrel has sky rocketed on the global market due to the americans topping up their reserves. The price at the pumps has had a double wammy because, along with this market increase, it co-incided with a tax increase. The result is a big hike at the pumps.

The biggest benifactor of the price of a barrel of oil is the government. Yes, the oil industry does make profits, but they do pail in to insignificance compared to UK PLC LTD.

That said, high cost does focus the mind on waste. Spend some time in the states (I have). The wastage over there beggars belief. The reason - as part of the percentage of income, energy is very cheap!

I'm off me soap box now.

Edited by I want a 'proper job'

I've just worked out how much a mile my car's petrol consumption costs (20p a mile) A trip to the supermarket now costs 80p! Sometimes I go just to buy a pint of milk because it's 'cheaper' than the local shop. Now I'll walk to the local shop and pay the extra 10p.

Is your journey REALLY necessary?

A Saturday trip to the local tip costs me 8 miles x 2 x 20p = 3.20 - yet I go past there most Wednesdays anyway.

Plan ahead and combine several trips. Save yourself money, save fuel and save the planet :wub:

I am a lorry driver, and get taxed up to the hilt. The best thing I have heard that made me laugh lately was the Lib Dems broadcast about lorrys and the enviroment.

This women started talking about foriegn lorries useing our roads and not paying any money for wear and tear and she said that she would solve it by taxing lorrys more, but she went very bad when she said that all lorrys over 7.5t will be taxed because of foriegn drivers, as a lorry driver we pay an extreme amount of roads tax plus pay more for toll road and bridges. Why should all lorry drivers or companies pay for foriegn lorrys.

The System is getting worse by the min.

Rant over

Plan ahead and combine several trips. Save yourself money, save fuel and save the planet :wub:

Exactly Christine. You've twigged it.

I am by no means a beardy sandal wearing greenie, quite the opposite in fact. I do however keep an eye on what I spend on fuel, and how I use it, so that when it comes to my leisure and pleasure time there is something left in the tank so I can have a day out.

Christine

I can cut your fuel costs in half, go diesel.

I recently did the same calculation for my car and fuel cost is 10p a mile and that is with the air con all the time. :)

But I would have to spend out to get a diesel car :wub: I got my car for £250 and tiling a friend's bathroom. (Nissan Sunny J reg with 70,000 on the clock)

I made a conscious decision to leave my job doing 50 miles a day to find a much lesser paid job within walking distance of home.

I have cut back on everything I can & now spend very little. Buying 'things' uses up the earth's resources - I reckon that we have all the resources we need, it's just that we are quickly converting them into other materials which cannot be returned to usable matter.

Save the earth - Don't spend :wub:

You can do something! If you send this message to just 10 people, and they forward it to 10 people… and so on, by the time it has reached the 6th generation, then this message will have been seen by 20 MILLION people! So, send it to everyone you know...

Make The Commitment, on Monday 19th November: DON'T BUY FUEL - DON'T PAY TAX

Actually, by the sixth generation it will have been seen by 1 million people.

1st generation = 101

2nd generation = 102

3rd generation = 103

etc

Chris