Just spotted blacked anodes

Featured Posts

As title, someone has recently blacked his boat, and covered the anodes should I:

Mind my own business?

Leave a note on the boat?

Take note of the name, and make sure I never buy it?

It's bizarre that no one has pointed it out to him, they look in pretty good condition, as one might expect!

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

As title, someone has recently blacked his boat, and covered the anodes should I:

Mind my own business?

Leave a note on the boat?

Take note of the name, and make sure I never buy it?

It's bizarre that no one has pointed it out to him, they look in pretty good condition, as one might expect!

Option 4 (one you didn't provide) .

Just mention it to him?

Following a discussion with a yard about anode placement I gave up and 

let them put them where they thought they should be, and another under the shoe plate.

on plonking the boat back in the front of the boat had a big shiny grin, bit like a crappy modern Audi. All show and shine.

I got the grinder out at the first opportunity and cut the things off again, they only worked when it rained.

22 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Presumably if you can see his anodes the boat is not in the water (or if he is he has more to worry about that blacked anodes) so it will make no difference if he has blacked anodes or even no anodes.

I spotted a boat the other day with the front anodes about 50mm above the water line.

The water was clear, and at the time I just thought it was some kind of bow thruster, yes obviously not, I wasn't really thinking about the boat, just thinking how clear the water was, it was only after that I realised they were blacked anodes, and now I can't find the boat! Water here is usually cloudy muck.