Lister Sr2 broken spill rail

Featured Posts

The spill rail has cracked at thejoint just outside the 1st cylinder probably due to engine vibrations. Please see the attached pictures

Firstly is this something that could be repaired as opposed to replacement and would the both cylinders need to be replaced as they are connected?

I contacted listerparts.co.uk (Or any other lister stockists? ) and they said they have spil rails in stock but  need to know whether it is a standard or self bleed spil rail? 

Lastly is this a job a novice could complete my self , or does the whole injector system need to be dismantled first ? any suggestions for a Lister engineer in the northwest?

IMG_20220313_085833258.jpg.11a9f544519dcb60d313855166f35086.jpgIMG_20220313_085157296.jpg.98c4c7683dba5b3c1b446c92bb3e2465.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

7 minutes ago, Bod said:

Looking at that break, it's been cracked for quite a while.

Whats the crankcase oil level?

Has it been rising?

Bod.

I don't think there is any issue with leaking diesel getting in the sump as the engine oil level is normal. Just in to the bilge .

I got mine from Marine Engine Services 01926 356200. Theyre about fifty quid and make sure you get the not self bleeding ones. Mine breaks on a regular basis and chucks diesel into the sump.

When you fit it, make sure the rocker bits aren't going to rub against it as they move, or you'll be bunging another one in in a fortnight. How do I know? A much recommended engineer yet again cocked it up...

Edited by Arthur Marshall
Correcting phone number
  • Greenie 1

Do not soft solder the existing pipe, except as a temporary repair before you replace it.  Soft solder would be a BSS fail, and will ever after prevent an effective brazed repair.

N

• Greenie 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i have my hands on the spill rail but the opening and threads to attach to the fuel lines is on the opposite side  -  so would be by the second cylinder not the first like it currently is - have i been sent the wrong type of spill rail for the SR2 or  am i going to have to modify and extend the fuel lines?IMG_20220313_085157296.jpg.ee663f25a38a49c88698df4915c76700.jpgIMG_20220325_155906301.jpg.7c7a2b517853d4922321ab3c08094ee0.jpg