Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Five ladies and one chap, my brother. Notice the 'chap is' just 'watching'! Whilst I, on the other hand, am doing the work :huh:

And, yes, it does look to have shrunk. The boat not the picture :lol:

Didn't you know? That's what chaps were put on this earth do do, as in four of us involved in digging a hole in the road, three watching and one digging. It always seems to be the case when contractors are out digging the roads up. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Our old tub moored outside of the house (might as well be, given the amount of time we spend in there!)

29njtkl.jpg

Don't you just love an end of garden mooring :cheers:

Edited by Doorman

Our boat Bullfinch was built in 1986 by Colecraft and for many years was moored on the offside at Audlem and owned by a wonderful couple living there. We have only had the boat since 2006 but we would love to find photographs of Bullfinch before this date. We are sure many must have been taken but we can't find any. We are attempting to create a 'history' for our boat

DSCF1717-2.jpg

We have had the boat repainted with a new home town now of Rufford.

DSCF1717-1.jpg

Have any of you a picture in your files we could see?

Many thanks

Our boat Bullfinch was built in 1986 by Colecraft and for many years was moored on the offside at Audlem and owned by a wonderful couple living there. We have only had the boat since 2006 but we would love to find photographs of Bullfinch before this date. We are sure many must have been taken but we can't find any. We are attempting to create a 'history' for our boat

DSCF1717-2.jpg

We have had the boat repainted with a new home town now of Rufford.

DSCF1717-1.jpg

Have any of you a picture in your files we could see?

Many thanks

Hi, we think that we had a long conversation with you (or the previous owners) when Bullfinch was moored at Audlem. Do you live in Warrington, Cheshire?

Hi, we think that we had a long conversation with you (or the previous owners) when Bullfinch was moored at Audlem. Do you live in Warrington, Cheshire?

We have moored a few times now at Audlem and we usually stop for a night or so. We live near Chorley in Lancashire.

We have moored a few times now at Audlem and we usually stop for a night or so. We live near Chorley in Lancashire.

Hi Peter,

We have a dear friend from Aberdeen who went to visit a couple of retired boaters in Warrington, who she's known for years. Their boat was named Bullfinch and I guessed that it might have been you.

Incidentally, which side of the Rufford Arm do you now moor on, the dark side, or the other side at St. Mary's?

Mike

Hi Peter,

We have a dear friend from Aberdeen who went to visit a couple of retired boaters in Warrington, who she's known for years. Their boat was named Bullfinch and I guessed that it might have been you.

Incidentally, which side of the Rufford Arm do you now moor on, the dark side, or the other side at St. Mary's?

Mike

Hya Mike,

Luckily we moor at St Marys and not the dark side. Before St Marys was built we enquired at Fettlers but were told our boat was too old!

We have a friend in Inverness who comes to visit us. Friends also in Warrington. Ours is the only boat with the name Bullfinch so far as we know.

Hya Mike,

Luckily we moor at St Marys and not the dark side. Before St Marys was built we enquired at Fettlers but were told our boat was too old!

We have a friend in Inverness who comes to visit us. Friends also in Warrington. Ours is the only boat with the name Bullfinch so far as we know.

Hi Peter,

if that is the case, then it must have been yourself and your wife that we were talking to at Audlem.

I had to laugh at your account of Fettlers Wharf saying that your boat was too old, I trust that they don't apply that criteria to boat owners as well, otherwise we'd never get a mooring there. We still have very dear friends over at St. Mary's Marina and fond memories of being there for two years.

With regard to Fettlers, our only fond memories are of the helpful staff and manager Les. The rest is not worthy of any comment on here!

Mike

Hi Peter,

if that is the case, then it must have been yourself and your wife that we were talking to at Audlem.

I had to laugh at your account of Fettlers Wharf saying that your boat was too old, I trust that they don't apply that criteria to boat owners as well, otherwise we'd never get a mooring there. We still have very dear friends over at St. Mary's Marina and fond memories of being there for two years.

With regard to Fettlers, our only fond memories are of the helpful staff and manager Les. The rest is not worthy of any comment on here!

Mike

Dear Mike,

We are both intrigued about our mutual friend living in Scotland! Ours is called Mary and at one time she did live in Culcheth but now lives just outside Inverness. But I guess that Inverness must be almost 100 miles from Aberdeen.

Peter (Who has been pretending today to be busy painting his tunnel band, a 15 minute task which took almsot 3 hours due to chatting with everyone else who passed by on the pontoon)

Dear Mike,

We are both intrigued about our mutual friend living in Scotland! Ours is called Mary and at one time she did live in Culcheth but now lives just outside Inverness. But I guess that Inverness must be almost 100 miles from Aberdeen.

Peter (Who has been pretending today to be busy painting his tunnel band, a 15 minute task which took almost 3 hours due to chatting with everyone else who passed by on the pontoon)

Hi,

Our wee friend is Lorraine, so it must be a different person after all.

Ah, the 15 minute job that we all know so well! We were positioned on Pier one near the entrance whilst at St. Mary's and the downside of this (together with me being such a chatterchops) was that If I came out to do any work on our boat, invariably, I'd get into a long conversation with one, or, many of the other moorers.

Consequentially, the re-fit of our first boat took almost eighteen months. Plus, whenever our friends asked if we'd like to go for some marina relief down at Tarelton, we could never resist and we'd end up cruising along with sheets of plywood stacked along the cabin, untouched!

Happy days.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Heres a few of our boat Keep It SImple and the dog got in there too, Porter.

/Users/Chloe Langan/Desktop/P1240814.JPG

/Users/Chloe Langan/Desktop/P1240812.JPG

P1240814.JPG

humph

Edited by Eddimonton