Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

On this day 2015

A flat calm crossing from Boston to Kings Lynn.

11128333_934966659889309_4322638403037799052_n.jpg.d4e23fa5874a77f42a7426550466e8bf.jpg

1797437_935004596552182_4069788298163684632_n.jpg.dfc39e4dbfcca968c0f454aeec143401.jpg

I am hoping to make the same crossing with the new boat, we will be cutting a door into the stern and moving to the Broads with it. I honestly can't cope with CRT for much longer

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

I am hoping to make the same crossing with the new boat, we will be cutting a door into the stern and moving to the Broads with it. I honestly can't cope with CRT for much longer

Don't expect much better from the BA!

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Don't expect much better from the BA!

I honestly don't think they can be worse than CRT can they? We have a couple of years before Jayne retires so can wander around up here, then it's time for somewhere else 

11 hours ago, peterboat said:

I honestly don't think they can be worse than CRT can they? We have a couple of years before Jayne retires so can wander around up here, then it's time for somewhere else 

We don't know anyone who moors down there who has a good word to say for them!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We don't know anyone who moors down there who has a good word to say for them!

I am on a Broads forum so I will formulate what we will do. My mate had a boat there and had no issues, he just got to busy so sold the boat and bought one in Rotherham, the drive to Norfolk isn't a good one is it?

9 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I am on a Broads forum so I will formulate what we will do. My mate had a boat there and had no issues, he just got to busy so sold the boat and bought one in Rotherham, the drive to Norfolk isn't a good one is it?

You only drive to Norfolk if you want to go there, its the end of the world, A14 is OK and most of the A11 but after that its interesting

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

The drive down there is terrible from our neck of the woods. If it hadn't been we would have moved NC down there.

That said we still endure it because we love the area so much. Won't be long before we are heading to Wells again. :D

(Now we have the van we split the journey down into two and head off after work and stop in a car park by the river at Fosdyke Bridge for the night and then set off early and miss the traffic for the second part of the journey. Seems to work much better)

Edited by Naughty Cal
  • Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, PeterScott said:

On this day in 2018

spacer.png

Foxes Lift Bridge No 171 SOxfordC

@PeterScott Can I pinch this photo please, I was telling people about the tooth rocker as the Lowestoft Gullwing bridge also runs on a toothed rail Livestream – Gull Wing Lowestoft (gullwingbridge.co.uk)

12 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

AP1GczOJdmCL7W-xX8BhU1s0XWqNjrN-qwcmyI3HaBj-YRcLCrpnu13-lE-xmadyRTnlXiwksPgAcagYp-KaI-R92lIJEcpCF3AY9zVoEzSsHGe5QN2qI--JkcyiCFGqWZnGpvpT50mB9RTFC8iXlsBQp6wZ0Q=w1376-h1021-s-noCan I pinch this photo please, I was telling people about the tooth rocker as the Lowestoft Gullwing bridge also runs on a toothed rail Livestream – Gull Wing Lowestoft (gullwingbridge.co.uk)

Yes, please do. Or this one: nearby bridge showing a closer crop of  the mechanism ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

(5April2018)

aha, another one!

spacer.png

spacer.png

(23May2015)

Edited by PeterScott

6 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

Today, Cape of Good Hope. 
IMG_7224.thumb.jpeg.a36bfb297a188e3c392d77e60c22dce6.jpeg

decisions decisions, move on with forecast gales this weekend or go for a pint instead? …I’ll see what time they open. 

You did well to get down there already. Especially since you've had to go past the Blue Bell and the Boot Inn on the way 👍

• Happy 1

On this day in 2017                                   (Tonic this day 2020202120222023)

On 07/04/2022 at 22:49, PeterScott said:

spacer.png

On this day in 2017

Market Drayton SU

On 07/04/2021 at 21:00, PeterScott said:

spacer.pngOn this day in 2017

Market Drayton SU

Market Drayton SU  Compare 7Apr2017 (#21Sep2020  first posted in successive years: the same view with different lighting, about three hours between clicks

On 08/04/2023 at 18:46, PeterScott said:

spacer.png

[7Apr] in 2017

A bird. They normally fly away if I even think of picking up a camera

elusive bird, earlier in the day, also SU

spacer.png

less elusive bird,

spacer.png

spacer.png

Adderley locks  SU

Edited by PeterScott
extra pics/locations

20 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

IMG_7226.jpeg.2516b7d531fbce8a632fce6327c5b3dc.jpegToday, Cape of Good Hope, Grand UnionIMG_7228.thumb.jpeg.5eb7338f56611e4952dbc16084891d27.jpeg

Could you not have moored a bit nearer to save you a long walk to the pub?

• Happy 1