Does anyone want their boat Vinyl Wrapped?

Jimmiboy

Featured Posts

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Andrew Barnard said:

Has anyone had it done yet?

How much is the current cost of materials? 

Thanks.

I would think you would need the steal work to be in perfect condition to do that. BTW welcome to the forum.

2 hours ago, Andrew Barnard said:

Has anyone had it done yet?

How much is the current cost of materials? 

Thanks.

I would think that repairing the inevitable scratches would soon erode the initial cost-saving over a professional paint job.

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would think you would need the steal work to be in perfect condition to do that. BTW welcome to the forum.

Thanks.   I have no idea what it would need but it's not good as it is.  42ft 42 years old and the roof wasn't sanded before it's last painting session. (Not by me)  it's pealing very very badly. 

Thanks.   I have no idea what it would need but it's not good as it is.  42ft 42 years old and the roof wasn't sanded before it's last painting session. (Not by me)  it's pealing very very badly. 

I would suggest you have a major job on your hands if you expect it to last, what is the paint work like around the windows, any rust will bubble under the vinyl, then you cant just rub it down and touch it up. Would you even consider putting it on the roof? 

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would suggest you have a major job on your hands if you expect it to last, what is the paint work like around the windows, any rust will bubble under the vinyl, then you cant just rub it down and touch it up. Would you even consider putting it on the roof? 

I've seen vehicles that have had some done and I do realise there are considerations to be addressed .  The materials used are very tough. I don't have rust around any windows as yet.   What I do know is I have a roof which is pealing like its going out of fashion. 

I'm definitely not spending £11000 for a professional finish. To be damaged. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, MtB said:

We pealed very badly too, church bell ringing on Wednesday. 

:D

I don't like bells either. 

8 hours ago, Andrew Barnard said:

I've seen vehicles that have had some done and I do realise there are considerations to be addressed .  The materials used are very tough. I don't have rust around any windows as yet.   What I do know is I have a roof which is pealing like its going out of fashion. 

I'm definitely not spending £11000 for a professional finish. To be damaged. 

Thanks 

I don't like bells either. 

Peeling 

13 hours ago, Andrew Barnard said:

The materials used are very tough

If that is so then why did the back vinyl wrap (factory applied) on parts of my last Skoda spit and blister. I think that Vinyl would split or tear if it cav eto a contest with canal side bushes/young trees.

17 hours ago, MtB said:

We pealed very badly too, church bell ringing on Wednesday. 

:D

My local church has ringing practice Mondays from 6pm to 8pm.Personally I love the sound, to me it sounds very English.

Once went up the tower with a friend to observe and found it quite interesting.Bells described as "she" and the boss ringer shouting "Bob and Cambridge Major" all Greek to me of course, but quite funny when the ringers get out of sync and you get a dreadful cacophony which sounds like the bells are rolling down the church steps,known I believe as "firing out"

As a young lad in Hull on a calm Sunday evening,by the docks, you could hear the bells of Holy Trinity, and the bells of whatever church is on the other side of the Humber echoing across the river, punctuated by the metalic clang of the bell on the red marker boat which is used to mark sand banks.

Very evocative.

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

but quite funny when the ringers get out of sync and you get a dreadful cacophony which sounds like the bells are rolling down the church steps,known I believe as "firing out"

Sometimes described as sounding like a load of scaffolding falling off a lorry!

Some bellringing celebrating a well-known tv series:

Kent County Association

On Sunday, 18 February 2024 in 39m

Birchington, Kent All Saints Tenor: 8–2–17 in A

1280 Doubles (10v)

120 ”Oh do be quiet Mr Yeatman” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Wallflower Singles - 112, c/f);

120 ”The Vicar’s not going to like this” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Antelope Singles - 112, c/g);

120 ”Put that light out” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Pink’s Singles - 112, c/h);

120 ”Don’t tell him Pike” (St Hilary with Wallflower & Antelope Singles - 112, f/g);

120 ”Do you think that’s wise” (St Hilary with Wallflower & Pinks Singles - 112, f/h);

120 ”Don’t panic” (Dragon with Grandsire & Wallflower Singles - 110, c/f);

120 ”Whistle while you work” (Dragon with Grandsire & Antelope Sin- gles - 110, c/g);

120 ”Might I be excused” (Dragon with Grandsire & Pink’s Singles - 110, c/h);

120 ”We’re doomed” (Dragon with Wallflower & Antelope Singles - 110, f/g);

200 ”Fifty pigeons in the pipes” (Dragon with Wallflower & Pink’s Singles - 110, f/h);

All variations rung for the first time and named by the band.

15 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Some bellringing celebrating a well-known tv series:

Kent County Association

On Sunday, 18 February 2024 in 39m

Birchington, Kent All Saints Tenor: 8–2–17 in A

1280 Doubles (10v)

120 ”Oh do be quiet Mr Yeatman” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Wallflower Singles - 112, c/f);

120 ”The Vicar’s not going to like this” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Antelope Singles - 112, c/g);

120 ”Put that light out” (St Hilary with Grandsire & Pink’s Singles - 112, c/h);

120 ”Don’t tell him Pike” (St Hilary with Wallflower & Antelope Singles - 112, f/g);

120 ”Do you think that’s wise” (St Hilary with Wallflower & Pinks Singles - 112, f/h);

120 ”Don’t panic” (Dragon with Grandsire & Wallflower Singles - 110, c/f);

120 ”Whistle while you work” (Dragon with Grandsire & Antelope Sin- gles - 110, c/g);

120 ”Might I be excused” (Dragon with Grandsire & Pink’s Singles - 110, c/h);

120 ”We’re doomed” (Dragon with Wallflower & Antelope Singles - 110, f/g);

200 ”Fifty pigeons in the pipes” (Dragon with Wallflower & Pink’s Singles - 110, f/h);

All variations rung for the first time and named by the band.

Maybe the bells would be better wrapped. 

Maybe the bells would be better wrapped. 

Ooh, how very dare you😃

Look to!

Trebles going

She's gone.