Just earned my 'real boater' badge

magictime

Featured Posts

On 30/06/2019 at 16:48, magictime said:

Pulled in at a lock landing around lunchtime and hopped off to find the stern swinging away from the bank. Decided it might help to pivot the boat by pushing the bow out a bit, which I attempted to do with my foot. Oops - foot goes into canal, followed by rest of leg, followed by other leg, leaving me waist deep in murky but mercifully warm water. Hoick myself onto the bank without difficulty. The whole thing must have taken ten seconds; Mrs Magictime was occupied with setting the lock and knew nothing about it till I told her. Then, of course, she sprang to my aid: tied up the boat, took me inside, hung my clothes up to dry, ran me a bath and put the kettle on. Well... actually it might be more accurate to say she laughed and carried on regardless, leaving me in my squelchy boots and soggy shorts till we moored up two locks and a mile or so later. All jolly good fun except that my brand new phone was in my pocket and I'm still waiting to see if it's going to dry out and come back to life...

:cheers:

3 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Absorbs-Moisture-Damage-Smartphones/dp/B00I04MQ00/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0/260-0608361-7731542?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B7PVPVEWTB2TM90JNDGA

Most recent smartphones are pretty impervious to water anyway.  Mine is rated as being ok up to a metre depth for half an hour.  You lot need to upgrade your phones.

Hmm… I looked into this a bit and got the impression that the only IP67/IP68 rated phones are at the 'flagship' end of the market. I've no intention of spending £800 on a phone (or £200, for that matter), so although I'd be happy to be proved wrong, I suspect I'm stuck with non-rated models.

On 30/06/2019 at 16:48, magictime said:

Well... actually it might be more accurate to say she laughed and carried on regardless, leaving me in my squelchy boots and soggy shorts till we moored up two locks and a mile or so later. All jolly good fun except that my brand new phone was in my pocket and I'm still waiting to see if it's going to dry out and come back to life...

I am sure your pocket will dry out but doubt if there is any life left in it.

7 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Absorbs-Moisture-Damage-Smartphones/dp/B00I04MQ00/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0/260-0608361-7731542?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B7PVPVEWTB2TM90JNDGA

Most recent smartphones are pretty impervious to water anyway.  Mine is rated as being ok up to a metre depth for half an hour.  You lot need to upgrade your phones.

I can buy a lot of phones like mine for what you paid for that

• Greenie 1

Sue someone for negligence (anyone really and the more the better) and get someone to set up a "Just Giving" page to raise money for a new phone, dry cleaning, a holiday cottage to help with the stress (or anything really, the more the better). It's the latest thing - it seems that being a numpty is now quite profitable. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I am sure your pocket will dry out but doubt if there is any life left in it.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Mrs Magictime continues to live in my pocket, and I in hers, just as we've been doing since we moved aboard.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, magictime said:

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Mrs Magictime continues to live in my pocket, and I in hers, just as we've been doing since we moved aboard.

I thought you said Mrs Magictime didn't get wet?

5 minutes ago, magictime said:

Is Mrs Magictime called Polly ?

Is your name Nicholas ?

Image result for pocket toys

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

I had one in my throat yesterday.

Now if I'd said that there would've been a great curfuffle to make me spit it back out. :glare:

Snot fair, innit...... :P

Edited by Tumshie

12 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Now if I'd said that there would've been a great curfuffle to make me spit it back out. :glare:

Snot fair, innit...... :P

I'm sure you only eat frogs as an hors d'oeuvre, prior to your main course of badger, goat, Labrador or whatever you caught earlier....

• Haha 1