Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chas78

Anyone fitted an electric fuel pump?

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

Samson.:)

Sounds a bit old fashioned to me. He uses a different name on Thunderboat but I can't stand that site, its puerile.

9 minutes ago, hider said:

Dad is Sam

7 minutes ago, hider said:

Not really, you see we are both on line, me and my DAD! Just using his log in because again he has had an attempt by the phantom password breaker. Getting really fed up with this person. They seem to be able to use any address when they attempt to log in. 

If Sam is Dad then this hider answering on hider's account.....

1 hour ago, hider said:

Tony, lets see if we can ever agree about anything.

Its Thursday, yes?

I agree with 1 the spring pressure is constant, but what pressure is the electric pump going to be?

The diaphragm will be under constant pressure, they are not designed for this.

Leaking diaphragms are very common on old AC pumps, that's why they sell repair kits, the valves are more reliable.

Oil dilution with fuel is common, I've had 2 cars that had had underbonnet fires due to petrol in the sump. Yes, diesel is less likely but still possible to destroy the engine before the OP realises.

And this is Sam answering on hider's account......

11 minutes ago, hider said:

Not really, you see we are both on line, me and my DAD! Just using his log in because again he has had an attempt by the phantom password breaker. Getting really fed up with this person. They seem to be able to use any address when they attempt to log in. 

Then I think you have this a little topsy turvy and back to front. He seems to be using your log in. 

Gets complicated dunnit 

12 minutes ago, hider said:

Sounds a bit old fashioned to me. He uses a different name on Thunderboat but I can't stand that site, its puerile.

Some might think you said that to wind some Thunderboaters up and cause some trouble between the two site, fortunately I'm quite sure nobody's fool enough to fall for that. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oops, wrong log-in!

I think you have just busted yourself, Hider Sam!!

:giggles:

Proves the old adage that you can fool some of the people some of the time... etc

Edited by cuthound
To remove a letter masquerading as a space
  • Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Proves thevold adage that you can fool some of the people some of the time... etc

But confusing yourself is a whole lot easier. :D

Thanks for the sensible answers and advice given by some;) but again another thread gone silly and off the boil !!

I fitted an extra Delphi fuel filter / water seperator between the tank and mechanical AC lift pump on my Coventry Victor. The mechanical pump struggled to draw the fuel through and the engine got slower over a long period. So i fitted a facet electric fuel pump at the tank outlet to assist the mechanical pump and have had no problems in maybe five years. Is handy in another way because the noise of the pump reminds me to switch the ignition off when i have stopped the engine.

• Greenie 1

I have noticed that the DPA pumps can raise tempers to boiling point very quickly.Must be a design fault.

Well it looks like this is my problem i suspect this is diesel bug? anyway i have cleared the tank out cleaned the water trap and lines put fresh fuel in and added diesel bug preventing additive just waiting for my new filters and extra filter/trap to arrive i will also be fitting an elec fuel pump hopefully this will sort it ? 

pigeon 012.jpg

Just remember to in some way drain any water that has collected in the bottom of the tank at least yearly. The bug likes living at the interface between said water and the fuel.

I trust the bug treatment was a biocide that will kill any microbes etc. that are hiding in crevices in the tank welds and not just a water "remover". Once you have the whole system bug free the water removers will work but may cause similar problems with emulsions and possibly waxes if you use them with too much water in the tank. They work best with no apparent water,.

• Greenie 1

i got the diesel bug really bad one time I used a mix of jet kero and waste oil..............everytime I went to start the boat,the DPA pump would have a frozen metering spindle,its only opened by a flimsy spring,but closed by a rigid link.........apparently this is why jet kero must be changed every month........anyway,the biocide additive did cure the issue....but I must have cleaned the little strainer in the pump inlet 20 times.......Its almost impossible to keep water out of a boat tank.

• Greenie 1

I will keep my eye on water accumulated in the tank i bought this stuff hopefully it will do the trick :unsure:

bio.jpg

i know one boatie listened to a stupid idea to tip a litre of dishwashing liquid into his fuel to solve  the water in the tank issue.........if he ever gets the jelly out of the tank,he might be able to check for water.

1 hour ago, john.k said:

i know one boatie listened to a stupid idea to tip a litre of dishwashing liquid into his fuel to solve  the water in the tank issue.........if he ever gets the jelly out of the tank,he might be able to check for water.

That's a new one! I wonder what the logic is behind that?

Those things that you lower in and leave to soak up water are said to be good, but never used them myself.

All well that ends well i finally got my BMC running today and must say it sounds better than it ever did must have been all the crud build up over time restricting things or something anyway now with fresh fuel/filters and a good clean out all is running beautifully twas a biatch to bleed though ;)

11 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Pleased you sorted it and thanks for the update.

Thanks Tony :)